Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 597 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 6:58 pm
Why not in the awesome two-tone scheme? (awesome job btw).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 8:12 pm
those fuel tanks must disrupt her already not so good stealth even more..... and it makes me wonder why this was not done from the beginning. still, interesting design!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 8:59 pm
The middle eastern customers might not really care about low observability? The original style of CFTs proposed looked somewhat more stealthy than the current proposal, I can't remember why they changed the profile of them though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 10:39 am
Ok lads, it's time old Rhade show some WIP on which I work from some time ...

Tachikawa Ki-94-I was a child of Tatsuo Hasegawa, pretty talented engineer, his team design this unique high level interceptor. Powered with two 2,200 hp Mitsubishi Ha-211 18 cylinder engines, driving two 4-blade propellors in a push-pull configuration. Armed with two 37 mm cannons and two 30 mm cannons it would eat yanks high level bombers on breakfast. Well, of course ... on paper.

[ img ]

They build only full-scale wooden mock-up, technical department of the Japanese Army Air Force judged fighter as "unduly optimistic" and canceled whole project.

He is almost done, or done ... I still wait for some check out from WhyMe. Of course big thanks for him and eswube for help and advices in building process. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 10:41 am
fokker D-23 anyone :P it looks like an radial-engined redesign of it :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 10:47 am
Only on first look, indeed D-23 was only flying "almost" fighter with that configuration but in slight different system. Ki-94-I is a lot bigger and powerful, and both engines need to be in one axis or it would tear plane apart.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2012, 5:05 pm
Great to see it completed and posted. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: November 4th, 2012, 8:41 pm
[ img ]

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: November 4th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Very interesting.... Attack plane I assume?

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: November 4th, 2012, 9:22 pm
Yes

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 597 »

Jump to: