[Post Reply] [*]  Page 65 of 72  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page « 163 64 65 66 6772 »
Author Message
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 14th, 2018, 6:31 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 3119
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Athens,Hellenic Kingdom
Did not know about that WW1 rank before. I learned spmething today, after searching it in Google.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
RaspingLeech
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 12:46 am
Online
User avatar
Posts: 164
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 8:07 pm
Contact: Website
F-22I Toref:
[ img ]

_________________
Current and Future Projects:
  • Ace Combat
  • Southern Victory
  • Sikorsky S-70 variants and schemes
Check out my DeviantArt page, I post cool stuff there.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
DeadRight
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 1:24 am
Offline
Posts: 49
Joined: October 11th, 2015, 3:23 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
I'm back, maybe, probably. And I did this, based off of something I found on the C5's Wikipedia, a passenger variant of the L-500 (C5 Galaxy)
(credit to shippy2013 for the original C5) (Also, note; I added curvature to the tail because it looked nice.)

[ img ]

[ img ]

_________________
Arrow > Voodoo


Last edited by DeadRight on March 16th, 2018, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 8:55 am
Offline
Posts: 5717
Joined: July 31st, 2010, 10:07 am
Nice additions.
The passenger C-5 would certainly have been an impressive airliner.

RaspingLeech,
Really nice work on the F-22 possible exports but is camouflage paint possible on the F-22? I assumed its special paint only came it 2-3 colours (grey, grey and off-white for insignia?).

_________________
Hood's Worklist
1952 Carrier
Interwar RN Capital Ships
Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 11:24 am
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 2516
Joined: May 23rd, 2012, 1:01 pm
Location: Rome - Italy
Wow :shock:

I honestly don't know if there is an actual sketch lying somewhere about the C-5 in passenger configuration which you are following, but if you like a little suggestion I think it would have needed a few more doors on each deck for safety evacuation. One more on the lower deck forward of the undercarriage fairing and two on the upper deck (one fore and one aft of the wing root fairing) may do the job.

_________________
My Worklist
Sources and documentations are the most welcome.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
DeadRight
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 1:14 pm
Offline
Posts: 49
Joined: October 11th, 2015, 3:23 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
BB1987 wrote: *
Wow :shock:

I honestly don't know if there is an actual sketch lying somewhere about the C-5 in passenger configuration which you are following, but if you like a little suggestion I think it would have needed a few more doors on each deck for safety evacuation. One more on the lower deck forward of the undercarriage fairing and two on the upper deck (one fore and one aft of the wing root fairing) may do the job.
Thanks for the suggestion, I edited the post. :)

_________________
Arrow > Voodoo


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 2:18 pm
Online
Posts: 2537
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:38 pm
Location: Midwest US
BB1987 wrote: *
Wow :shock:

I honestly don't know if there is an actual sketch lying somewhere about the C-5 in passenger configuration which you are following, but if you like a little suggestion I think it would have needed a few more doors on each deck for safety evacuation. One more on the lower deck forward of the undercarriage fairing and two on the upper deck (one fore and one aft of the wing root fairing) may do the job.
By modern regulations (14 CFR 25.807, for those who want to read up, and which can be safely assumed to be at least as stringent as those in the past), you can seat 110 passengers per pair of Type A exits. So as currently drawn, this L-500 could seat 770 (unless there are some exits obscured by the wing). Wikipedia says Lockheed marketed the aircraft as being able to carry up to 1000 passengers.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
trexslee
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 9:30 pm
Offline
Posts: 58
Joined: September 12th, 2017, 10:55 pm
DeadRight wrote: *
I'm back, maybe, probably. And I did this, based off of something I found on the C5's Wikipedia, a passenger variant of the L-500 (C5 Galaxy)
(credit to shippy2013 for the original C5) (Also, note; I added curvature to the tail because it looked nice.)

[ img ]

[ img ]
These are very great additions. And would you like to make the unbuilt 747-700X when you have time? I think it would be nice since the 747-500X and the 747-600X are already on here.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2018, 10:05 pm
Offline
Posts: 4839
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 9:38 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact: Website
trexslee wrote: *
These are very great additions. And would you like to make the unbuilt 747-700X when you have time? I think it would be nice since the 747-500X and the 747-600X are already on here.
As has been requested of you in the past, please use the FD scale request thread for requests.

_________________
USN components, camouflage colors, & reference links (World War II only)


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
trexslee
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 17th, 2018, 12:52 am
Offline
Posts: 58
Joined: September 12th, 2017, 10:55 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
trexslee wrote: *
These are very great additions. And would you like to make the unbuilt 747-700X when you have time? I think it would be nice since the 747-500X and the 747-600X are already on here.
As has been requested of you in the past, please use the FD scale request thread for requests.
Oh right of course. Thanks.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 65 of 72  [ 717 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 163 64 65 66 6772 »

Jump to: 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: reytuerto and 3 guests


Contact us | The team | Delete all board cookies | All times are UTC


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]