Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 2:05 am
Sure. Feel free to make whatever changes/edits you feel.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 3:18 am
Fixed.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 3:31 am
I'm throwing this into the .zip file and sending that to Gollevainen. Thanks!

All FD-Scale submissions are now closed for this upload session. See you next time.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 3:36 am
Okay Cool!

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 3:38 am
Nighthunter, the IR missiles are too thick. Why does no one listen to me on that?

Most IR Missiles have around a 5" diameter, which is 127mm. 127mm in the 22.093px/1meter comes out to 2.8 px, which rounds up to 3 px, not the 4 px you want to do.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 4:24 am
Then that would put the AMRAAM and Sparrow at to large too. DLR, we have also upscaled other things for the sake of detail, so...

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 4:35 am
Then at the very least get details right. >_>

AIM-9X looks like AIM-9C, IRIS-T's wings are way too big, and ASRAAM is 5px right now(EDIT:Nvm, ASRAAM seems to be in AMRAAM thickness class). EDIT2: Also, looks like your AIM-120D is more closely aligned with AIM-120A/B with its larger fins, not quite sure though.

I'm sorry, but several of the IR missiles are wrong, ignoring the thickness issue. I had left the AMRAAM & Sparrow at 5px instead of the correctly scaled 4px as it better showed the shape of the missile. In addition, it allowed for both X & + fin position side views for them as they're commonly used in both positions.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 6:16 am
Well Gollevainen has put me in charge of picking what drawings to send to him to upload onto the official database; I therefore consider myself in having final authority/responsibility in deciding what to send him (Gollevainen, however, has final authority in picking what I send to him). Part of this responsibility is in resolving conflicts like what's being voiced by Demon Lord Razgriz - it also means having to choose one side when all possible resolutions will leave the other side dissatisfied and to accept the associated blame.

Therefore, it is important to read why I have made this decision.

The sheet that I will recommend to Gollevainen will combine drawings from Nighthunter, Demon Lord Razgriz, Gollevainen - and myself, as I've not only had to make corrections for accuracy to a variety of drawings (this is why I keep saying you should be as meticulous in your research as you are in your actual drawings), but I also discovered along the way that I could "hack out" other weapons that share a common airframe.

However, I am recommending Nighthunter's drawings specifically regarding the missiles with the conflicted diameter, for one specific reason - I have double-checked both the drawings I have collected and the drawings that are already on the database, and they appear to conform exactly, by pixel, Nighthunter's drawings (these include the ones done by Darth Panda). I have talked about the importance of consistency before; you can refer back to that post as to why I think it's important that this consistency be maintained. It's hardly impossible to go back and change those drawings with the missiles Demon Lord Razgriz drew, but given the timely manner in which Gollevainen is expecting these files, the time it takes to do so makes it impractical right now. Therefore, under these circumstances, I believe Nighthunter's drawings are the best drawings to recommend in order to maintain consistency.

That said, I'll also include Demon Lord Razgriz's sheet because Gollevainen is the ultimate and sole authority in determining what drawings will be uploaded - he simply assigned me to collect and consolidate all drawings that are suitable. This will give him the option to upload his weapons if he believes them to be superior instead. However, I will still make clear what my personal recommendation is.

You can see my final weapons sheet submission in the attached file.

The drawings that I have gathered and organized for Gollevainen have already been compressed and sent. This means that this decision is final. However, I have included the concernes brought up in this issue to Gollevainen, in addition to the aforementioned duplicate sheet with Demon Lord Razgriz's drawings. This will allow for the issue to be kept alive through the next upload session.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 3:00 pm
Which one of you brainiacs decided to alter littlebit of Kh-23 nose and call it K-5/K-8???

Epic fail lads...

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale WeaponsPosted: December 29th, 2011, 9:15 pm
That would be me actually based on some research I encountered.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: