Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Mia_36
Post subject: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 10:56 am
Hi all!

This is my first AU so be gentle with me!

I focus mainly on Air Forces but I am going to be sorting out this Army and Navy at some point soon. I hope you all enjoy this, and I would love some feedback.

In September 1945 the Scottish people petitioned their own small government to plead with England for a guarantee that there would be no more hostilities with any countries for a long time to come. The British government obviously couldn’t give them any such assurance so in December 1945 Scotland formally announced independence.

Parliament was formed and members of the long since scattered Scottish Royal family were sought out. Finally, one member was found living a working-class life, unassuming and patriotic. Her name, Mitzi Bell. Mitzi was thrust into the public spotlight and was thrust into the throne her ancestors had been removed from. With the government and Royal family in place thoughts turned to defence of their small country. The economy was recovering better than anyone had expected since their shock departure from the United Kingdom and so deals were struck with other countries for lend-lease and licence building of aircraft.

Some aircraft captured from Axis forces in World War Two were pushed into service and hastily repainted. After the war early jets were sought out, and this led to a big problem to the western world. For years after their independence Britain and America simply chose to ignore the small start-up nation for the most part. With the advent of the Cold War, Scotland was feeling more isolated than ever. It was at this point that Russia stepped in. They extended the olive branch of friendship to the Scottish, sensing that making friends with this small nation could be a massive tactical benefit.

The Scottish people knew what the Russians were doing, but they established diplomatic relations eagerly, more than happy to annoy the British. Russia immediately sold the jet aircraft, the first arriving for Scottish service in 1951. Russia was leased an Air Force and Navy base in Scotland, and this sent the Western world’s blood pressure soaring! Britain and America now made an extra effort to appease Scotland and sold them airframes.

Through the years Scotland has brought many types of aircraft, but only ever in small numbers. Mostly only one squadron of twenty aircraft at a time, two squadrons at most. As many military bases were set up as possible until Scotland was one of the most heavily defended countries in the world, the reason wasn’t necessarily for defence ... it was for the economy. With national service mandatory even now, the massive military employs a large number of people, the benefit ... less people unemployed and on government benefit payments.

The Royal Scottish Air Force is still going strong and now in 2012 they have taken delivery of their latest aircraft, the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Boeing/Lockheed F-22A fighters.

This is the Royal Republic of Scotland

[ img ]

This is the Royal Scottish Air Force at the time of its inception and first flights.

[ img ]

I hope you all enjoy, hopefully more images will be forthcoming throughout the next few days.

x X x Mia x X x

[Profile] [Quote]
Mia_36
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 11:55 am
Here's the second instalment!

These are the aircraft that served in the Royal Scottish Air Force from 1946 to 1950. The jets that Scotland operated were painted in an overall dark grey scheme to easily recognise them as being jet aircraft, the older piston powered airframes kept the multi-tone greys camouflage scheme.

[ img ]

x X x Mia x X x

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:22 pm
wat?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mia_36
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:36 pm
Hi Thiel, not sure i know what you mean by wat?

With Scotland currently giving serious consideration to going independent from the UK I thought it would be cool to do an AU where Scotland left the UK at the end of World War Two. They were annoyed at the UK and so left. All of the aircraft I am working on for this 'verse is FD scale.

These aircraft represent the airframes they operated through the different ages. I am doing them in year bracketts. 1946-1950, 1951-1960. 1961-1970 etc.

x X x Mia x X x

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:49 pm
Mia_36 wrote:
Hi Thiel, not sure i know what you mean by wat?

With Scotland currently giving serious consideration to going independent from the UK I thought it would be cool to do an AU where Scotland left the UK at the end of World War Two. They were annoyed at the UK and so left. All of the aircraft I am working on for this 'verse is FD scale.
Scotland is not considering leaving the Union. Alex Salmond is. And given how many restrictions he's trying to place on who can whote at the referendum I'd say he has a lot less support than what mainstream media suggests.
Also, there's a big difference between leaving the union today and sixty years ago. And the reasons you site for leaving the union is just dumb I'm sorry to say. Why would they leave the economical and political safety of the union (Remember they'd bring their share of Britains debts along) in the middle of a massive economic downturn?

And if they start wooing the USSR don't expect the west to woo them in turn. Expect them to be frozen out instead. Scotland would become a pariah and since she's utterly dependant on food imports you can guess how good an idea that is.

Oh and the Shetlands and Orkneys are unlikely candidates at best. Seriously, they're more likely to join Norway than they're to become a part of an independent Scotland.
And without the Political might Scotland is unlikely to secure anywhere near as large a chunk of the North Sea oil fields as Britain has today, and if the islands decide to stay with Britain they'll be lucky to get even that. (The Shetlands and the Orkneys are a big part of the reason why Britain got as much as she did. So wave goodbye to your booming oil industry.
Also, fighting joblessness by building up the military has never worked, at all. By building up the military in order to hire everyone you tie up funds that could have been used to improve the economy and thus creating jobs.

Worklist

Last edited by Thiel on March 3rd, 2012, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:56 pm
Ok...
- Use standard template for FD.
- Quality has been destroyed by .jpg trash.
- There is one plane with Maryland name from Martin, Martin Model 167.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mia_36
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:56 pm
Thiel, it is an AU, it doesn't HAVE to make perfect sense. It is an enjoyable way of seeing how the world COULD have been. ALSO, I COME FROM SCOTTISH family and a LOT of Scottish people were VERY annoyed at the UK government towards the end of the war. The mainstream belief was that the government should have sued for a cease fire and allowed negotiations to start aproper.

The UK economy at the end of 1945 was NOT stable, and if you take a look through all available documents you will see that Scottish towns/cities were far wealthier at that time than ones in Britain, so in one way it WOULD make sense to leave at that time. Their richer cities would be freed from the UK economy and able to start trade with other countries without giving a cut to the UK government.

Lend-lease would certainly have been a far cheaper way of starting a military as opposed to designing and creating their own airframes which would have saved their economy even MORE money.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mia_36
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:58 pm
He Rhade, i uploaded the images through deviantart as png, but for some reason i cant get them to stop pixelating. Im not sure what a standard template is and i will change the name immediately. thanks for the constructive criticism, that's what i like, lol!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 1:07 pm
Here the link: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2342
WhyMe create a Standard template for all FD scale designs, we prefere one plane.

I must agree with Thiel, Scotland was too long a integral part of union to create independent nation after WWII. Maybe ... I'm not good at that part of history, but if England dont conquer Scotland in ... 14'c ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD - AU Royal Scottish Air ForcePosted: March 3rd, 2012, 1:13 pm
First of, I've added a bit to my eralier post.
Mia_36 wrote:
Thiel, it is an AU, it doesn't HAVE to make perfect sense.
No but it does have to make some sense. If not then it'll quickly decent into lala land

It is an enjoyable way of seeing how the world COULD have been. ALSO, I COME FROM SCOTTISH family and a LOT of Scottish people were VERY annoyed at the UK government towards the end of the war. The mainstream belief was that the government should have sued for a cease fire and allowed negotiations to start aproper.[/quote]
What would that have changed other than putting Britain (And thus Scotland) in a worse position after the war?
Mia_36 wrote:
The UK economy at the end of 1945 was NOT stable, and if you take a look through all available documents you will see that Scottish towns/cities were far wealthier at that time than ones in Britain, so in one way it WOULD make sense to leave at that time. Their richer cities would be freed from the UK economy and able to start trade with other countries without giving a cut to the UK government.
No, but it was big and had lots and lots of safety nets and well established trade agreements with the rest of the world.
Scotland would have none of that but they'd still have a proportionate part of the debts Britain incurred during WWII.
Quote:
Lend-lease would certainly have been a far cheaper way of starting a military as opposed to designing and creating their own airframes which would have saved their economy even MORE money.
What lend-lease? What does Scotland have that the US would want? It already have an ally to the south of you who'd be more than happy to allow you to set up bases and who will fight alongside it. If Scotland leaves the Union because it doesn't want to fight, why should the US give you weapons when their goal is to build an alliance against the Soviet Union?

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: