Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 34 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page « 132 33 34 35 3640 »
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: December 19th, 2014, 2:24 am
Outstanding job!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: December 19th, 2014, 5:30 pm
This is pure gold! Personally, I think the advanced Tempest is one of coolest AU fighter drawings/designs in whole internet.
It's really a skill to produce something new or recognizable from familiar "features". The Beatles did it once ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: December 19th, 2014, 5:39 pm
Hi Rowdy,

Well, to be honest, you could fudge the rate of climb numbers and "classify" them at 50,000+ ft/min - the last time I checked, for instance, the RAF publishes neither service ceiling nor rate of climb for the Typhoon. (Well, either that or my google-fu sucks)

Agree re combat radius, though the major change in terms of increasing range would be switching from turbojets to low-bypass turbofans, I'm not sure if you have already done this? I seem to recall that the proposed engine change for the USAF KC-135 resulted in a huge thrust improvement (roughly double, iirc) and a 25% lower rate of fuel consumption - obviously it's not going to be directly comparable because those are nowhere near the size of a KC-135 but I think the timeline is plausible, if a little late, for the final versions of the Tempest to switch from turbojet to turbofan?

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: December 21st, 2014, 3:10 pm
Thanks for the very kind words! :D

Yeah I think I might change the climb rate to your suggestion, it should cover both bases nicely. The Tempest has always used turbofans with engines of similar vintage to the GE F404 used on the F/A-18 so I imagine the improvements coming about from the switch to a more powerful engine will be less extreme than that brought about from a switch from turbojet to turbofan. Since I don't really know anything specific about engine performances I might just leave those stats as they are, but I appreciate the feedback :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: April 11th, 2015, 4:14 pm
The second jet fighter in RRAF service, the Hale Hurricane:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: April 11th, 2015, 6:43 pm
Really great work Rowdy. Reminds me of a cross between a Supermarine Swift and a Grumman Cougar.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: April 11th, 2015, 7:22 pm
Trojan wrote:
Really great work Rowdy. Reminds me of a cross between a Supermarine Swift and a Grumman Cougar.
My first impression was, that a Grumman Tig fell in love with a Saab Lansen.

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: April 11th, 2015, 7:26 pm
Yup, cannot think of a single mod I would make to that beauty. Added to my Rowdy file - double quick.

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: April 12th, 2015, 6:38 am
Really great design, nicely blending various western design features into a working combination. Cant wait for the the next generation Typhoons

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: April 12th, 2015, 8:54 am
Wow, you've done it again!! Another perfect AU design. I really like this one, it just looks so period. I can see elements that remind me of the Swift, Hunter, F-100, Lansen, A-4 and XF-93 in there somewhere.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 34 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 132 33 34 35 3640 »

Jump to: