Air Defense Artillery Battery (Patriot) - 1996
The Battery is employed as part of an integrated air defense system to protect the forces and selected geopolitical assets from aerial attack, or missile attack, and surveillance.
The PATRIOT system is a theater asset that operates in the Division, Corps, and EAC area.
Due to the capability of operating within a Division area, divisional rules are applied.
This unit provides:
- Command and control of the employment and firing of eight PATRIOT launchers.
- Operations of the battery Engagement Control Station.
- Radio and wire communications for the Battery.
- Logistical resupply for the Battery.
- Unit maintenance support of equipment organic to the Battery.
Selected batteries will be organized with two sections of PAC-II Launcher Stations and two sections of PAC-III Launcher Stations.