Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: August 27th, 2012, 2:13 pm
credit: he that have drawn the fighter original. 1. he that edited/modified it at a later time 2./3. = (Author/original drawer, 1. time edit/modifying, 2. time edit/modifying, 3. ...)

That's mean that on the eurofighter the credits is not correct, since you have just modified it, and thus shall stand last in the credit

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: August 27th, 2012, 6:53 pm
heuhen wrote:
credit: he that have drawn the fighter original. 1. he that edited/modified it at a later time 2./3. = (Author/original drawer, 1. time edit/modifying, 2. time edit/modifying, 3. ...)

That's mean that on the eurofighter the credits is not correct, since you have just modified it, and thus shall stand last in the credit
If I understand you correctly, I think you're trying to tell me that a drawing that originates from my own work has nothing to do with me :?

I originally drew the Typhoon, admittedly with no shading, missing some details and the wrong colouring but it was one of my first attempts at a drawing on Shipbucket as a new member, and I like to think that I have improved since then. Thankfully, and I really appreciate Nighthunter's work at colouring, shading and adding details which managed to turn it into a credible high quality drawing, and I think Darth Panda was added to the credits for the weapons, but I am not completely sure of that. I know Nighthunter added himself to the credits after me, but to be honest with the work and changes he put in he could be put first, however I have just left the credits as they are as it remains based on my own original drawing. If you do a quick search, you will find many Typhoon examples edited by Nighthunter with DP, all of which with my username first in the credits. Maybe you would like me to be both first and fourth in the credits as I have edited an edited drawing based on my own drawing?

A non-issue really, the credits are technically correct, although personally I would be happy for Nighthunter to put his name first on his much improved drawings if he wishes to, and I would be happy to reciprocate.

These kind of matters are probably best left to forum (non-backseat) moderators, or feel free to PM me.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: August 27th, 2012, 7:12 pm
then since you are the original drawer then it is okay, I just wasn't sure.

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: August 31st, 2012, 11:27 pm
As discussed in the main Balearic Islands AU thread, here is the RBAF Jaguar FGR.5, being replaced by the Typhoon FGR.4. What do you think?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: September 1st, 2012, 1:38 pm
Sepecat Jaguar T.3 operated by RBAF:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 5:56 pm
RBAF, RBN & RBCG Westland Wessex (retired):

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 6:25 pm
Beautiful Wessex IJ

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: September 18th, 2012, 4:36 pm
I was torn between a low vis grey scheme, similar to Canada's CC-150, or a white aircraft based scheme like a some European air forces, and I particularly like the simplicity of Brazil's A319 ACJ, so I went for the white. For the RBAF, the VIP aircraft would be used by Royal Family for visits to the islands and their regular summer break from London, and also for government and military transport.

Royal Balearic Air Force Airbus A319 ACJ for VIP transport with No. 33 Sqn RBAF:

[ img ]

I've also redone the short haul fleet of the national airline of the Balearic Islands which forms the majority of the state owned fleet, consisting of A319, A320 and A321 aircraft (quantity tbc). The airline operates with different classes; economy, mainly for tourists, competing with other European low cost airlines such as easyJet and Ryanair, and first class for business travellers, primarily competing with other national carriers such as BA, Iberia, Lufthansa, Alitalia and Air France. The airline's main destinations are the major and regional airports of Western Europe from its hub at Palma de Mallorca, as well as smaller operations from Mao de Menorca and Vila d'Eivissa. Another important role for the fleet is to provide low cost, frequent, fast connections between the three main islands of the Balearics.

Airbus A319:

[ img ]

Airbus A320:

[ img ]

Airbus A321:

[ img ]

For inter-island and European cargo operations, Balearic utilises a small fleet of A320 passenger to freighter conversions, as had been planned and offered by Airbus before being cancelled, but as this is AU...

Airbus A320 P2F (Cargo door on port side):

[ img ]

Civil aircraft registrations for the Balearic Islands are EB-xxx.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: September 18th, 2012, 5:32 pm
Given the distances involved, wouldn't a fast ferry service be more efficient and (since you don't have to go through security) faster?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU) in FDPosted: September 18th, 2012, 6:07 pm
Thiel wrote:
Given the distances involved, wouldn't a fast ferry service be more efficient and (since you don't have to go through security) faster?
A high speed ferry would also be used, and would offer cheaper tickets, but connecting the two main cities of Palma and Mao is over 100NM by sea which would take around 2hr30m with a fast ferry (based on 40kts max speed), whereas it is only a 35 minute flight. I think even going through both airports and the flight would certainly be faster than a direct ferry from Palma to Mao, or a train from Palma to Port d'Alcudia, then a ferry to Ciutadella and another train to Mao. You would be correct about people who want to travel only from the north of Mallorca to the west of Menorca by ferry between Port d'Alcudia and Ciutadella which would take under 1 hour by fast ferry.

Another example would be Palma to Eivissa which is around 70NM by sea, so 1hr45 by fast ferry, or this journey is currently a 30 minute flight.

A faster transfer through a part of the airport for domestic flights only is quite feasible, and I'd expect flights to be primarily for business travellers or tourists on day trips to another island willing to pay a bit extra to save time.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: