Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
LordMalachi
Post subject: Lord Malachi's FD Scale ArtPosted: August 21st, 2012, 8:54 pm
Hey guys, been away a long time, I'd just like to start out by apologizing to anyone I may have rubbed the wrong way when I first joined. Prokhor has suggested to me that if I stick to the FD area of the board there might be less chance of me doing so again.
That being said, I've started doing some vehicles for my AU Nation (Same AU as Prokhor's): Scandinavia International. A megacorp that was elected into power as a government starting in Sweden, and was quickly elected into power in several other Scandinavian countries. S.I. doesn't have anywhere near the same sized pocket book as Prokhor's nation as it's relatively new, but it's trying to keep up with the big boys.

Any critique given will mostly be taken into thought when working on a new project as replacing units in the game costs money. And there is some debate yet on how closely the game follows realism in technology since it's 2030 and counting. The only things I personally feel push that boundary are the Zee-Vuwl and Bengal King Tiger.
Here's what I've got so far:

[ img ]
KBSGF Lars Fighter by ~~@ Lady Oddette @~~ The Awesome Pony of Awesome, on Flickr
Scandinavian International's workhorse Jet Fighter, the Lars has all internal weapons bays, as well as retractable thrust vector nozzles for excellent maneuverability.
Hard mounts are also available for missions when stealth is not important, allowing it to work well as an interceptor or fast ground attack fighter.

[ img ]
Zee-Vuwl Light Gunship by ~~@ Lady Oddette @~~ The Awesome Pony of Awesome, on Flickr
The Zee-Vuwl is a highly maneuverable, amphibious, light transport and gunship, allowing the transport and protection of up to 1 MBT, 1APCs, or 2 Jeeps. With full crew for all. Or it can handle up to 50 Paratroops. All of this while carrying 24 AG Missiles, allowing for a devastating approaching strike before dropping its payload.

When lightly loaded (or less) the Zee-Vuwl is even capable of VTOL using the Thrust Vector Nozzles in the engine nacelles and beneath the cockpit. When fully loaded it's instead capable of short takeoffs. This functionality allows it to remain in the battle space after deploying its payload to continue assaulting ground units, hovering as needed.

Flare systems, and sectional, reactive armor increase defenses against ground based attacks, while the Integrated HUD Management System allows it to act as a hovering recon platform for other units. The top mounted micro-radar system also allows it to keep tabs on incoming forces, giving it and any ground troops in the area a heads up before any enemies may arrive.

[ img ]
Willprice Military Series by ~~@ Lady Oddette @~~ The Awesome Pony of Awesome, on Flickr
The Thatcher is just a simple armored jeep for use by SI troops.

The Bengal MBT is heavily based on the Challenger, so I'll assume it has similar stats. (Originally designed as an ingame gift to a middle eastern nation which was then adopted as the standard MBT for S.I.)

As so far, the Bengal Mk2 has swapped the manned .50 cal for a 25mm Autocannon Turret, remote controlled from inside. And has added a pair of Missile Launchers (8x AA or AT missiles per Launcher (16 Missiles Total)) as well as a short range radar system to self target the missiles.
Armor and the Main Gun have stayed the same so as to not effect speed too much, but the Bengal Mk2 should be able to work in much smaller packs and be able to defend themselves much better.

The Bengal King Tiger upgrade finally puts a Heavy Tank class into Scandinavian International's arsenal. The larger, heavier armored chassis allows the tank to keep up with the smaller Bengals due to larger diesel engines, and the main cannon has been replaced with twin 144mm guns, autoloaded to keep internal space at a minimum.

The Jace SPA unit is the backbone of the new Scandinavian International Artillery line. Fully automated firing keeps the crew down to only 2 men and the fire rate up to 6 rounds per min.
And by equipping the same .50 cal plated turret as the Bengal, the crew can remain safe if discovered by patrols.

And the civilian trucks that got me started doing FD in the first place:
[ img ]
Willprice Trailer Civilian Series by ~~@ Lady Oddette @~~ The Awesome Pony of Awesome, on Flickr

(I'll make note that Lord Malachi and Lady Oddette are both me, I use the names interchangeably depending on the website I'm on. And also I got the base for the trailers from a WIP of Sammac's that didn't have credits listed yet, so if he got them from someone else, speak up and I'll add that person in.)
Edit: After seeing the Zee-Vuwl with the land vehicles, I think I'll have to edit its payload capacity... down to a single jeep and not much else?

Last edited by LordMalachi on August 21st, 2012, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Lord Malachi's FD Scale ArtPosted: August 21st, 2012, 8:57 pm
Some crazy stuff here we have ... you need to fix your fonts. ;)

Also ... soooo you are a Lord or a Lady ... ? :D

[Profile] [Quote]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: Lord Malachi's FD Scale ArtPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:00 pm
Gah, fonts, I knew I needed to fix something before they were ready to be posted here. >.<

And I'm still trying to decide that myself. ;p

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Lord Malachi's FD Scale ArtPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:01 pm
Impresive stuff here! i like it!

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Lord Malachi's FD Scale ArtPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:26 pm
Good stuff, man. I like it. Hope to see more.

[Profile] [Quote]
ProkhorVLG
Post subject: Re: Lord Malachi's FD Scale ArtPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:38 pm
As I probably have said on Flickr, nice job!

Also, I think the capacity for the Zee Vuwl is just fine.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: Lord Malachi's FD Scale ArtPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:46 pm
Well thanks guys, I'll definitely try to get more made and posted :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: