Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 18th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Don't bother at all with Photobucket. They don't deserve your business. Move to MajHost or similar.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 18th, 2013, 9:20 pm
I have already uploaded all my SB and FD pics to MajHost. Most recent ones (those from friday) are already linked from it. And I'm thinking of re-linking pictures posted before from Photobucket to MajHost too - just in case. In that case the Photobucket account would remain, but would be unused, and if it will cease to function nothing serious would happen (I mean, I wouldn't re-link stuff I posted in, say, "Guess the Ship" thread etc. - if that's gone, there will be no loss at all).

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 8:36 am
Majhost it is then, most reccomendations are for it, though I did sign up on Dropbox last night and haven't used it yet. In a way Crapbucket have done me a favour, forced me to abandon an already failing host. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 3:32 pm
Right. I tried getting onto Dropbox earlier, but had problems working out how to use the system; so, I thought I'd try Majhost, and again I couldn't work out how to get the image I'd uploaded into the correct definition; on both hosts it was still showing 'fuzzy' anti-aliasing or whatever. With Photobucket (when it worked) I only needed to copy and paste the IMG Code straight onto the forum, and the image would upload in all its glory, sharp as a png file.

Now this is weird, I still cannot upload an image, but I though I'd try again the image I'd previously uploaded onto the 'new' Photobucket, by taking its IMG and pasting it onto a pm to Kim; and what happened is that Majhost took the image as a link that Kim should be able to view as a proper image and save to his p.c. So, until I can find out how to get an image out of Majhost, that host seems okay to get me a viewable link out of Photobucket.

My problem seems to be getting a viewable image directly from any of these hosts, preferably Majhost as it seems simpler, but how can I if I cannot find the IMG Code? Me amd L.P. are going to Kentucky nest week, so I might simply park this and wait until we get back, otherwise it may a nervous breakdown!!!

This is the best I can do for now:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 3:42 pm
PB

I might be able to help...

I've only just started using majhost too and have not had any problems so far. To link to the drawing, I right-click on the full-sized drawing open in majhost then 'copy image URL'. This is what I use in Shipbucket.

I noticed that the address in the bar is different to the image URL.
Address bar:
http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3598516
Image URL:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jabba/Sh ... oppers.png

I hope this helps and makes sense, please ignore me if it doesn't!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 4:26 pm
I had a problem with it at first, but Thiel wrote a tutorial over it and after reading it, it made sense to me.

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=5&t=985

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 5:47 pm
Thanks Shipmates :) jabba, I'm having problems with what you suggest (I'll pm you); but ezgo394 -God bless you cotton socks, I missed this one (head in sand syndrome), but will follow it and then I should be okay....I hope! :lol:

Following Thiels tutorial this is what I get:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/portsbil ... da_wip.png

The problem (for me ) is that I don't know what this instruction means:

This is the link. To post it as a picture, copy it the message field and at [ img ]

I can copy and paste the title but that's all I know what to do. Am I supposed to be doing something different? Odd! something happened then, but what? Things were so much more simple with old Photobucket :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 6:33 pm
[ img ]

you just need to have that one tagged with [ img ]adress [ / img ] (whit out the spaces naturally, since otherwise the code wouldnt show...
(just use your moderation powers and click edit over this post to see what I mean...)

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 6:43 pm
Here's how to set up your Photobucket to preserve the original image size
Just enable the "Display my linked photos in their original sizes" checkbox.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Photobucket changes, and what this means to youPosted: March 19th, 2013, 6:46 pm
Thanks Golly, but................

Try to imagine yourself in the Highlands of New Guinea, as the District Officer; and you've just walked into a village,and you meet one of the locals carrying a spear and apart from some feathers not much else; and you take out your camera and take his picture, then show him the picture? Well, that's about where we are on the level of communication; so when you say:
Quote:
you just need to have that one tagged with [ img ]adress [ / img ] (whit out the spaces naturally, since otherwise the code wouldnt show...
(just use your moderation powers and click edit over this post to see what I mean...)
I literally haven't the foggiest idea what that means; I mean what do I actually do? You're talking to someone who still uses a fountain pen and stares into space as one of his hobbies. :?

Thanks WhyMe, I'll give that a try - something must work for me; but I now need to have a large scotch, put on Babylon5 and forget about this for a while, otherwise I may do something physical I'll regret later :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: