Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
sparky42
Post subject: Re: Republic of Ireland, Irish Air Corps, Real WorldPosted: March 22nd, 2022, 11:20 am
rifleman2 wrote: *
sparky42 wrote: *
rifleman2 wrote: *
I have to say I do like this anniversary scheme. I do wonder what direction they will go.
It’s up in the air, (sorry) depending broadly on which package of suggestions they take (or a pick and mix), more helicopters at least (and if the Navy gets its package nearly double the airframes ultimately), very likely a transport capability will be acquired, the Government Jet replaced with a more multi role airframe, all the way to the wish list of 2 squadrons of fighters…

Between the Commissions report, Afghanistan and everything the Russians have been up to since the start of the year, defence has never been getting more attention and debate here.
Irish have really needed a transport capability for many years. 295's would fill that role well hence the AU I did with Transport 295's. Fighters could be interesting especially the lead in training would love to see the Grippen in Irish colours.
Well, the AC have been trying for decades for such a capability, we’ll just have to wait and see how things play out.

[Profile] [Quote]
sparky42
Post subject: Re: Republic of Ireland, Irish Air Corps, Real WorldPosted: April 21st, 2022, 10:33 pm
Looks like we have a first photo of the first 295:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aeropuer ... 347547258/
Looks like a grey closer to the PC12s rather than the blue of the 235's

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Republic of Ireland, Irish Air Corps, Real WorldPosted: April 22nd, 2022, 6:45 am
Looks good

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 73 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: