The Grumman FF-1
was purchased by the Lisenian Navy to serve as its standard fighter, beginning in 1934. The stubby Grumman was a great improvement over the lightweight fighters produced by the Lisenian industry: it was robust, reliable, and featured an excellent radio set as well as an enclosed cockpit. The "Grummans" served in combat units until the outbreak of WWII. After being superseded in active service by more modern types, the FF-1 continued to train naval aviators until 1943, when the fleet was finally retired after spares were exhausted.