Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Hood
Post subject: Re: New method of posting FD scale drawingsPosted: October 29th, 2013, 11:34 am
I think that Colo's idea has merit but it still needs member participation. An organised F-111 thread or Polish Wings etc. would be good to see. Separate Spitfire, F-111, Boeing 747 threads would be searchable by the thread title (manufacturer threads could be attempted but would need everyone to find and use the same thread). However, if 'Member X' posts a thread entitled 'Member X's Planes' or 'My Cool Tanks' and we get 10 pages of unlabelled drawings we are still back to square one. Also, we run the risk of getting AU aircraft mixed in there too without clear labelling. I agree with Ace that finding ships is difficult if someone uses an informal or incorrect class name or if a translated name is misspelt etc.

Nighthunter's consolidated threads are useful but still too disorganised to quickly find what is wanted. The archive should contain most of the old drawings and re-organising the old threads, or adding text labels, is equally an arduous task and duplicates the long work already undertaken to rename the FD files. So going back would take time and willing members to undertake upicking old threads, but I'm in favour of trying Colo's idea of separate threads but labels MUST really be included by everyone.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: New method of posting FD scale drawingsPosted: October 29th, 2013, 11:36 am
Maybe something in "The Official WWII IJN Ship & Plane List" style ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: