Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 20th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Nice series. :)
But correct the credits of Dornier family. (not the content but You have two overlapping credits)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 20th, 2014, 7:24 pm
Oopsie! Looked over it several times, but somehow my tired eyes didn't see that - will be fixed. Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 11th, 2014, 10:27 am
@Eswube
Credits corrected as promised - not only on the Dorniers, but also on the An2 where I've simply forgotten the credits for WhyMe's floats

So, here's more of the KEA Island Connection fleet
a small one...
[ img ]
a bigger one...
[ img ]
and a realy big one.
[ img ]
A400C stands for A400 Commercial.

Last edited by KimWolf on May 23rd, 2014, 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 11th, 2014, 9:11 pm
Very nice.
"C" in A400C could also stand for "commercial". :)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 12th, 2014, 7:29 am
@Eswube
It does - now...
Commercial didn't even hit my mind :?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 3:52 pm
After posting several planes of KEA’s Island Connection branch, it’s now time to show planes of KEA Global Airways. Both companies are part of KEA Air Services (which also offers maintenance services for other airlines, beginning with simple cleaning up to D-Checks).
Most of the planes are built by Airbus, but there are also some Boeing models (not done yet, but will follow sooner or later)

First, there’s the workhorse of most low budget airlines, the Airbus 320 family. If you wonder about the short A316, well, she was just a brain-child and never really left the drawing boards. Planes like Embraer’s E-Jets made her obsolete.
[ img ]

[ img ]

Airbus’s widebodies, A300, A310, A330 and A340 are up next. The variant -100 was projected for the A330 as replacement for the older A300 and A310, but they dropped her. The A340-800 is completely my brain-child. She features bigger windows, more space per passenger in better seats, which all together makes her hopelessly uneconomically for real airlines.
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

And finally, the mighty A380. I imagined not only the stopped freighter, but also a stretched version that makes her almost elegant.
[ img ]

Only Boeing I have done so far is the C-17 as C-17C (for Commercial) and C-17S (for Stretched).
[ img ]

[ img ]

As a greeting from times past, I have added the Caravelles, now ‘as delivered’ with jet-engines.
[ img ]
KEA-SE210-Caravelle-KEAGA.png

Last in line is the ‘Ponga’ a flag-ship A340-800 in a livery showing CISP’s national flag, which is based on a design for a new New Zealand flag. This plane is a show-off for both, KEA Air Services and KEA Aerospace. She offers a full first-class arrangement for about 150 passengers, a lounge/bar/restaurant in the rear of her main cabin, a gym and accommodations to take a nap in her lower forward hull.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 5:29 pm
Nice work. :)
I admire amount of effort You put in the logo (that "branch") repeated so many times.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 5:36 pm
Great work. And I have to admit it, while I do not like A-380 lines, her stretched version does look quite nice!

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 6:01 pm
Well, actually it's not a branch, but the leaf of the Silver Fern. It's also known from the All Blacks, New Zealand's national Rugby team :geek:
Now to be honest: I stole... err borrowed it from a flag designed by a guy named Kyle Lockwood and because that flag looks great, I adopted it for my AU, only with changed, brighter colors.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 24th, 2014, 7:40 am
I didn't know the name of this "Silver Fern", but I know it appears on several flags, coats of arms and other symbols in the Southern Pacific area.
Still, I know what pain in the.... is to apply such element on a plane (with all the shading, panel lines etc.).
:)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: