Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: May 25th, 2014, 8:38 am
@Eswube
Well, takes time and sometimes gives you headaches when you realize you made a major fault :cry: and have to start all over again.
But in the end, it's something you choose to do, so you express your displeasure more or less loudly, erase your fault and go on... ;)
So for now, one last piece of smartassry (is that even a word?): the Maori word for the Silver Fern is "Ponga", that's how the "flag ship" got its Name.

@BB1987
I don't really like the original A380-800 either, that's why I stretched her. First I tried the length of the projected A380-900 - better, but still a bit plump and so I stretched her a bit more, and another bit more until it looked good to me - the advantages of an alternative universe. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: June 1st, 2014, 3:27 pm
This plane was the first company plane under service with KEA. The pilot, Captain Piri Tialata, a Maori, had flown a Mk. III during the war and so he painted CISP’s 'roundel' on his new civil airplane. Being a true and proud Maori he also painted a leaf of the silver fern on the nose of his machine. Later on this leaf became KEA’s icon, equally to Qantas’ kangaroo or Lufthansa’s crane.
KEA built about a hundred Galestorms under license from the Recherche company Hale. The KEA variant was mainly used as a 4-passenger liaison plane, while the 'real' military planes came from Hale itself.
[ img ]

Two of the CISP Air Force's Galestorms...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: June 1st, 2014, 3:29 pm
Boeing 314 "Clipper"
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 10:53 am
Looking good KimWolf, it's great to see the Boeing 314 make an appearance and I'm glad you could make use of the Galestorm :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 1:48 pm
Nice work indeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 7:29 am
Thanks guys.

@Rowdy36
I liked the Galestorm the moment I saw her first, so I thought "use her" :D
Concerning the Clipper - Now that she's done I know I shouldn't even have begun. Even in my sleep I could see all those XXX rivets :lol: - Never again... unless...

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: January 24th, 2015, 9:58 am
Does an airline need wings... ;)
[ img ]
Nope, it's not really true to scale, just a stretched version of DP's Delta Monster, equipped with fans.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: January 24th, 2015, 6:19 pm
Nice! :)
Glad to see You back with new works.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: