Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
TimothyC
Post subject: Isle of California (Aururiaverse) FD Scale artPosted: May 12th, 2014, 4:15 am
IIPO:
747-400:
[ img ]

VC.7:
[ img ]

707-420:
[ img ]

Concorde:
[ img ]

VC.10 1100:
[ img ]

Andria Madagasikara Manidina (Malagasy regional airline inside of the Empire of California) IL-86V (re-engined for Californian Service)
[ img ]

Tanamerah Tristar (in need of a redo)"
[ img ]

Hawaiian Airlines:
767-300:
[ img ]

747-400:
[ img ]

Concorde:
[ img ]

E-195s:
[ img ]

[ img ]

VC.19:
[ img ]

Aloha Airlines VC.17:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Isle of California (Aururiaverse) FD Scale artPosted: May 12th, 2014, 6:02 am
The tail art is sensational.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Isle of California (Aururiaverse) FD Scale artPosted: May 12th, 2014, 8:54 am
Hi TJ,

They all look lovely, but I do have a question about Concorde:

In service, Concorde carried a mostly-white livery to help with heat dissipation (well, absorption, I think, technically) - while there were some that carried a non-white livery, this actually affected service speed, if wiki is to be believed
Wikipedia wrote:
Concorde had livery restrictions; the majority of the surface had to be covered with a highly reflective white paint to avoid overheating the aluminium structure due to heating effects from supersonic flight at Mach 2. The white finish reduced the skin temperature by 6 to 11 degrees Celsius. In 1996, Air France briefly painted F-BTSD in a predominantly blue livery, with the exception of the wings, in a promotional deal with Pepsi. In this paint scheme, Air France were advised to remain at Mach 2 for no more than 20 minutes at a time, but there was no restriction at speeds under Mach 1.7
Would Concorde not carry an alternative livery?

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Isle of California (Aururiaverse) FD Scale artPosted: May 12th, 2014, 11:26 am
apdsmith wrote:
Hi TJ,

They all look lovely, but I do have a question about Concorde:

In service, Concorde carried a mostly-white livery to help with heat dissipation (well, absorption, I think, technically) - while there were some that carried a non-white livery, this actually affected service speed, if wiki is to be believed
<snip>
Would Concorde not carry an alternative livery?

Regards,
Adam
The Concorde liveries show here have coverages based on various proposed liveries by airlines that never operated the Concorde, and thus are able to squeek by right under an amount of paint that impacts performance.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Isle of California (Aururiaverse) FD Scale artPosted: May 12th, 2014, 11:41 am
Hi Timothy,

Fair enough - I suppose "even" at Mach 1.7 it's still the fastest airliner in service by some margin! (plus, obviously, actual route would affect how significant that would be - the shorter the hop the less the pain compared to the all-white paint job. To casual inspection it would seem to fill a similar role to anti-flash white, I wonder what the actual similarities and differences are...)

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Isle of California (Aururiaverse) FD Scale artPosted: May 12th, 2014, 1:57 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Hi Timothy,

Fair enough - I suppose "even" at Mach 1.7 it's still the fastest airliner in service by some margin! (plus, obviously, actual route would affect how significant that would be - the shorter the hop the less the pain compared to the all-white paint job. To casual inspection it would seem to fill a similar role to anti-flash white, I wonder what the actual similarities and differences are...)

Ad

Yep. The other option on the IIP&O Concorde would be to paint the bare metal parts white and change the front of the red stripe into a chevron, not a wrap-around.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to β€œFD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: