Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
ashebourton
Post subject: Bell-Boeing V-22, paint schemes and more.Posted: May 14th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Here are all the examples of various V-22 paint schemes, to include: pre-production scheme, USMC Squadron tail art, Promo aircraft and more.

Here are the two modes to the Osprey, appropriately named airplane mode and Helicopter mode.

[ img ]

[ img ]

This is the first ever produced Osprey, built in 1985 it is clear how drastic the development of the V-22 actually was. This variant flew with an Allison engine as opposed to the Rolls-Royce engines of today (Note the differences of the nacelles.) The Main Landing Gear door is also clearly different. If you have any questions about the similarities or dissimilarities, feel free to ask. I am a V-22 Avionics Technician and am very knowledgeable on this aircraft. ;)

[ img ]

This aircraft is currently being used as the current test bed for Bell-Boeing projects. This aircraft has tested the possibility of the Osprey being used as a refueling platform and recently tested the possibility of mounting and firing forward facing rockets for added firepower.

[ img ]

[ img ]
VMM-264 updated tail art.

[ img ]
VMM-764 tail art added

[ img ]
This particular aircraft was showcased at an air show in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in November 2011 in an attempt to solicit sales. Ultimately the pitch was a success and the UAE military is in the process of negotiating with the United States to acquire roughly 6-7 Ospreys to bolster it's Special Operations units.

[ img ]
Israel is expected to be the first foreign country to acquire the V-22 Osprey. The Israeli Ministry of Defense have placed an order of 12 aircraft taken from the existing USMC orders to provide long range raid capabilities for its forward units in Gaza and the Golan Heights and provide search and rescue for it's Navy in the Mediterranean and Red Sea. Note: This is a hypothetical paint scheme and illustrates how the V-22 may look when in service with that nation.

[ img ]
Bell-Boeing is currently pitching the concept of utilizing the V-22 as a search and rescue platform for the Canadian Forces. This would essentially eliminate the need for the various platforms currently in service with Canada for the same purpose. Note: This is a hypothetical paint scheme and illustrates how the V-22 may look when in service with that nation.

"Just consider me the forum's resident V-22 expert." ;)

-----------------------------

My Completed Work!!!

Last edited by ashebourton on March 9th, 2016, 6:09 am, edited 12 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:17 pm
Ashebourton, thank you for such a splendid and informative post. The only critique I have is that your name should go after Shippy's on the the credit line.

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:21 pm
No disrespect, but I'm curious to ask why? He drew a V-22, yes, but I drew mine independent to his, I added him on the credit as he inspired me to draw a V-22 too. :)

I work on these ;) lol

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:22 pm
If you drew the entire thing yourself, then no need to credit him at all. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:23 pm
Ahhh, Okay. I just wanted to give him his dues. lol

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:25 pm
Oh, a lil background on me...the Osprey on top; 168214 from VMX-22 and 166736 from VMM-264, I have actually worked on. I'm currently assigned to VMX-22 and I deployed to Afghanistan with VMM-264 back in 2011. HAHA.

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:26 pm
What is a VMM squadron?

Excellent art BTW.

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:28 pm
VMM stands for "Marine Medium Tiltrotor"...yeah, don't ask me how they came up with that abbreviation. HA

And thanks, took me a few days to get these done.

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:40 pm
Is this following the same basic squadron definition system that has existed from before World War II? The only squadron names I know are VMF (Marine Fighter Squadron) and VMB (Marine Bombing Squadron). I know very little about military organizations outside the very basics...

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: MV-22B/C all USMC squadrons w/ tail artPosted: May 14th, 2014, 5:57 pm
Really great job!

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: