Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 84 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page « 182 83 84 85 86107 »
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 9th, 2017, 8:06 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
That's another great entry from you. :D
Thanks. :)
Quote:
(quibble, there are some dots on the horizontal stabilizer on the second 757)
Oops. Fixed.
Quote:
Have you thought about collecting all those airlines in a dedicated thread (much like KIKE's Venezuela, Kimwolf's KEA, Garlic's Thiarian Wings or my Koko civil aviation)?
It's definitely something I want to do. I'm just not sure how I'd organize it. Yours does it airline by airline, which seems to make the most sense, but I'm sort of "mixing it up" in this thread, posting aircraft as I do them. I'm still sort of brainstorming what I want to do with that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 10th, 2017, 4:58 am
[ img ]

Mostly for an AU idea for something else. Lots of little people, not entirely sure if this breaks the rules for Shipbucket or not. If there is anything I need to fix please let me know. Is it also okay to post WiP images like this?

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 13th, 2017, 7:24 am
Posting a few regionals before I go to bed, which almost completes my narrowbody list. There's one left I have planned, but I'll tackle that later on. After these, I'll be focusing on widebodies.

Bombardier DHC-8-400 Dash-8 of Wikipedian Express:
[ img ]

Embraer E190, also of Wikipedian Express:
[ img ]

BAe 146-300 of EchoLink:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 13th, 2017, 11:31 am
Looks good!
The only thing that looks weird is the engine of the Q400. The darker blue is the same as all other Wikipedian aircrafts, but being an high-wing monoplane contrary to the other planes it sets the engine against the upper fuselage blue backdrop instead of the grey underbelly. This instead of contrasting well it creates an effect which somehow blurs and sinks the engine into the aircraft profile.
Just an aesthetic quibble anyway, one cannot ask the airline to redo its livery just because it does not look best on a single type out of the entire fleet. :)
Wikipedia & Universe wrote: *
Quote:
Have you thought about collecting all those airlines in a dedicated thread (much like KIKE's Venezuela, Kimwolf's KEA, Garlic's Thiarian Wings or my Koko civil aviation)?
It's definitely something I want to do. I'm just not sure how I'd organize it. Yours does it airline by airline, which seems to make the most sense, but I'm sort of "mixing it up" in this thread, posting aircraft as I do them. I'm still sort of brainstorming what I want to do with that.
If you know already how many airlines your AU features you can introduce them in a couple of posts at the start of the thread and then link the aircraft posts to each airline as you do them (like I do, even if in my compulsive order-disorder I still post airlines and aircrafts in order). This means doing a post for each aircraft and not one post with multiple aircrafts and airlines however.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 13th, 2017, 4:52 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
Looks good!
The only thing that looks weird is the engine of the Q400. The darker blue is the same as all other Wikipedian aircrafts, but being an high-wing monoplane contrary to the other planes it sets the engine against the upper fuselage blue backdrop instead of the grey underbelly. This instead of contrasting well it creates an effect which somehow blurs and sinks the engine into the aircraft profile.
Just an aesthetic quibble anyway, one cannot ask the airline to redo its livery just because it does not look best on a single type out of the entire fleet. :)
Yeah, I noticed that was an issue. The scheme is based on the old US Airways scheme, which did the same thing on their Dash-8 fleet (see here). Their other aircraft actually had gray engines to match the underbelly, and it seems that most carriers (including most of the other AU carriers I've done) have the engines match the belly.
Quote:
If you know already how many airlines your AU features you can introduce them in a couple of posts at the start of the thread and then link the aircraft posts to each airline as you do them (like I do, even if in my compulsive order-disorder I still post airlines and aircrafts in order). This means doing a post for each aircraft and not one post with multiple aircrafts and airlines however.
That seems like a good idea.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 18th, 2017, 11:03 pm
While I'm saving most of my new drawings for a planned dedicated thread, I wanted to share two examples from a defunct Wikipedian carrier, Universal Airlines, which operated from 2001 until 2010.

The first is a McDonnell-Douglas MD-11ER, which served with Universal from its founding until it ceased operations. Universal was the only carrier which operated the type for scheduled passenger service. Most went on to serve as freighters thereafter.
[ img ]

Next is a Boeing 747-400, another mainstay of Universal's long-haul and international service. This example (W666WU) now serves with Echo Air.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
RaspingLeech
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 21st, 2017, 7:47 pm
F-16X Stealth Falcon:
[ img ]

An idea that sprung up when I was reading about how many of the technologies developed for the F-35 program were first tested on the F-16, and how plausible they would be on the F-16 itself beyond being a testbed. This aircraft is equipped with the Diverterless Supersonic Inlet, Low-Observable Asymmetric Nozzle, and Have Glass V radar-absorbing paint in order to reduce the F-16C's RCS as much as possible. The single vertical stabilizer would still be an issue in a "stealthy" design like this (which concepts like the real F-16X tailless design remove in favor of 3D thrust-vectoring engines), as would carrying basically any weaponry at all since the F-16 lacks internal weapons bays. Nevertheless, it's an interesting idea that shows that relatively simple (as simple as state-of-the-art aeronautics technology goes) changes can give even the slightest edge to an aircraft like the F-16.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 22nd, 2017, 12:00 pm
I've always had this down as a perfect AU aircraft, an F-16 with the DSI, just for cool looks let alone the slight advantage it might give. I never got around to ever attempting to draw it, so its really nice to see this what-if.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 24th, 2017, 7:52 am
I love the stealth F-16 idea. One could even upgrade a Block 60 F-16F to an "F-16SF Silent Falcon," analogous to the "F-15SE Silent Eagle." Maybe even with a V-tail, if that would work.

Anyway, onto something completely different, namely an AU version of the Twin Otter drawing I recently updated. This example is a Viking Air DHC-6 Series 400 of Air NCI, a small airline serving New Craggy Island, an island located off the west coast of Wikipedia and Universe. Supported under the Essential Air Services program, Air NCI provides multiple daily flights between the small coastal city of O'Charlotte and the town of Shannonsgee, the main settlement on New Craggy Island. The Twin Otter is well-suited for landings on the relatively short 500m runway at Shannonsgee Field.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: August 2nd, 2017, 9:11 pm
Hi all,

i finished a new design, mainly for the use in the Normerr-AU,
but I first want to show you the prototype:
[ img ]

Hope you like it ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

Last edited by Skyder2598 on August 4th, 2017, 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 84 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 182 83 84 85 86107 »

Jump to: