Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 101 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page « 199 100 101 102 103107 »
CaptainPaulov
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: December 27th, 2017, 7:29 pm
Progress wrote: *
I think that the cross should be in the rudder, not in the fixed part of the stabilizer. ;)
Most of the current fleet has a small cross on the top of the actual moving section of the vertical stabilizer, but there are aircraft that still have a full rudder cross.

Updates at my DeviantArt.

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: December 28th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Some great work there, guys. Especially the Peruvian Potez, reminds me of the South American AU I should really be getting on with...

Anyhoo, while I sat here procrastinating I remembered a letter from Air Forces Monthly from years ago (my brain is weird like that) about a proposal for an Anglicised Su-27 to be produced for the RAF in place of the Typhoon. The writer claimed that the proposal involved fitting 'green' airframes with Rolls-Royce engines and a British radar derived from Blue Vixen. There wasn't any further info, such as what the powerplant was supposed to be, and there's a good possibility the guy just dreamed the whole thing. Still...

[ img ]

The Flanker FGR.1 is derived from the Su-35 rather than the -27, featuring bigger vertical fins and canards. Powerplant would be a 'junior' version of the RB.431 straight-through Pegasus proposed for the HS.1202-9, with diameter reduced slightly to go into the AL-31 engine bays.

And of course the Royal Navy had its new, bigger carrier planned at around this time...

[ img ]

The Sea Flanker would be the Su-33 mid-rear fuselage mated to the nose section of the -35, with the same engine and avionics fit as the Flanker FGR.1. But of course, the Flanker is relatively expensive. What if the British defence budget couldn't stretch to re-equipping all its Sea Harrier, Jaguar and Tornado F.3 squadrons with Su-27 derivatives? Well...

[ img ]

Derived from the MiG-29M, the Fulcrum FGR.1 features a standard Blue Vixen pulse-Doppler radar and the EJ200 turbofan from the cancelled Eurofighter. And of course, the Fleet Air Arm wanted its own version:

[ img ]

The Sea Fulcrum is more closely related to the third-generation MiG-35/MiG-29K but uses the same engines and radar as the RAF's version. All these versions were supplied in kit form minus engines and avionics for final assembly by British Aerospace at Warton. No idea about the back story on why these'd ever come into being, but it'd probably involve the German attempts at getting out of the Typhoon project in the early-90s that pushed the cost up and in-service date back.

Currently working on:
The October War, 27-10-1962 (apparently forever);
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;
Federation of the Channel Islands AU;
Republic of Yopur & Andaman;
some sort of overarching AU;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: December 28th, 2017, 6:20 pm
Mighty fine work!

[Profile] [Quote]
gral
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: December 29th, 2017, 11:45 am
llamaman2 wrote: *
Derived from the MiG-29M, the Fulcrum FGR.1 features a standard Blue Vixen pulse-Doppler radar and the EJ200 turbofan from the cancelled Eurofighter.
Hmm, the profile looks more like a MiG-29S, with a curved, concave spine, than the straight-slope of the MiG-29M spine(spine doesn't look big enought to me to make it a MiG-29SMT). The forward vertical stabilizer extensions with chaff/flare launchers are also from the MiG-29A and MiG-29S. Your Sea Fulcrum looks more like a MiG-29M, though - the original MiG-29M/K resemble the current MiG-29M/-35 a lot.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 1st, 2018, 4:38 am
[ img ]
[ img ]

Happy New Year's! ~ BK 75

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 1st, 2018, 2:10 pm
Good morning. Happy New Year!
In October 2016, I was thinking about a useful navy for a landlocked country, in this case, Bolivia in South America. Without seacoast since 1879, Bolivia has access to the two main South American waterways, the Amazon and La Plata-Parana-Paraguay basins. So instead having a naval force around Lake Titicaca, I built a riverine navy over the Beni-Madeira in the North East, and over the Paraguay in the South-East.
But without political stability this is impossible, so my AU Bolivia begins with the subversive incursion of the Cuban backed guerrillas of Che Guevara in 1967. The guerrillas were defeated, but cuatripartite talk beteween the main political forces and the military begun: Hernan Siles, Victor Paz, and generals Banzer and Obando arrived to a “Governability Accord of 1968”, in which the presidential term was reduced to 4 years, but with the possibility of one (and only one) reelection. So the perpetuation of one party in the government is prevented.
A steady military built up begins. The time line covered the period of high tensions between almost every all south American countries: from close relations between Peru and Chile under Velasco and Allende (both leftist goverments), to an acute confrontation between Velasco and Pinochet in the period 1974-1975. The Beagle Crisis of 1977-1978, the short lived border war of 1981 between Peru and Ecuador, and the Falkland's War.
The naval vessels in FD scale are WIP (well, they are WIP for several months) any comment for improving them will be warmly received. I am very glad to use as starting points the excellent drawings of some of the best artists of the bucket. Thanks to all of them. Cheers.

First, the AU Bolivian Army of 1970s:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

... now moving to the air force:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

and finally the service which originates this saga, the Naval Force:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Once again, happy new year, and cheers!

PS1: Thanks to llamaman (wild enough? :D ),! I copied his tricolor paint scheme which was better than the original two tones first selected ;) !

PS2: The influence of Grnl. V. Rojo is notorius: As the most prominent professional general of the republicans during the Spanish Civil War, he had a deep concern about the multiple calibers and ammo. So, There is only one caliber for the GPMG (7.62x51) and only one caliber for heavy machine guns (12.70 x 108), that is the reason for some rather odd combinations :? .

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 3rd, 2018, 9:38 pm
Nice series.
Just why on earth You used old drawings of C-47? (and in two variations)

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 4th, 2018, 1:44 pm
Because I am a fool with old archives! (at least with No. 61).

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 11th, 2018, 7:00 am
[ img ]

Mortar carrier variant.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 11th, 2018, 8:24 am
Looking good, really good.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 101 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 199 100 101 102 103107 »

Jump to: