Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 72 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page « 170 71 72 73 74107 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 5th, 2017, 6:31 pm
Nice paint schemes indeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
RaspingLeech
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 7th, 2017, 2:59 pm
Zirkus Rosarius MiG-15
[ img ]
I'm not quite sure what the story for this would be, I just got the idea while thinking of skins for War Thunder

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: January 28th, 2017, 2:02 am
Slight update to my Wikipedian Airways 787-9. Changed the tail scheme a bit to make it more consistent/less awkward (e.g. the stripes line up the way I want them to now), changed the engine to the GEnX, and added a little Star Alliance logo near the cockpit.
[ img ]

Last edited by Wikipedia & Universe on April 7th, 2017, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: February 3rd, 2017, 8:56 pm
Finally got around to doing an edit that was suggested on my Shamans, so, cheers!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: February 9th, 2017, 1:56 pm
[punted from aircraft]

I can't keep up with everybody's talents anymore, but I can bash together simple stupid things well enough.

What could you turn a F7F into with only moderate engineering effort and with modern technology? Let's ditch the R-2800, replace with appropriate turboprops (PW127M at about 2600hp each), shift the wing back to account for the dramatically lighter engines (about a foot, by back-of-the-envelope math). I dunno, ditch the 50cal and replace them with APQ-67 (from the F-20, about 160lb, requires only about 2ft^3). Replace the old 20mm with, say, Rh202 20mm cannons of superior ROF and much higher muzzle velocity. Steal a bubble canopy from the F11F.

[ img ]

Fuel burn is almost identical to the R-2800 at full power (not sure about partial power). Lower frontal area and +20% power ought to make it considerably faster. Lower mass out on the wing will definitely improve roll rate. Best of all, it's about 3000lb lighter empty. That can either be a lot more fuel, stronger structure, maybe some light engine armor...

Just something I was pondering at work today.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: February 9th, 2017, 10:04 pm
Nice looking bird Eric :D

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: February 15th, 2017, 8:13 pm
Got bored, made the Standard E-1, developed the Standard E-1A from it.

After the Sinking of the Lusitania, the US Army's Aero Service decided, with the blessing of Congress, to have a pursuit plane challenge for the now unquestionable entry into the Great War. Two aero companies entered, Thomas-Morse with the S-4 "Tommy" and Standard with the E-1. Both aircraft were considered under-powered by the USAAS and were relegated to training, more prominently the S-4. The designers at Standard, added a 130 hp (95.6 kW) Clerget 9B, which changed the top speed from 100 mph to 130 mph and changed the designation to E-1A. Also added were two Vickers .303 MGs, with 500 rounds per gun. All E-1A's were shipped over to Europe when America entered the war. And after receiving better equipment from the Allies, survivors were relegated as Squadron Hacks, with a few exceptions. Shown below is the Standard E-1A of Captain Levi Hoisington, of the 116th Aero Squadron, with 15 confirmed kills, 9 of which were with the RFC.

[ img ]

And a Blank version for y'all:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
MakaSAN
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: February 16th, 2017, 8:00 pm
Uh... It just a repaint The other people's work. but I think I can upload it here.

[ img ]

[ img ]

I like Ace Combat series. So I repaint other people's works and make them look like they appear on Ace Combat series like this.
These two works are the best ones I painted.

(Sorry I'm not good at English. So there might be an wrong part in the sentence.)

Last edited by MakaSAN on February 16th, 2017, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: February 16th, 2017, 8:02 pm
Nice! Your English is perfectly fine and completely understandable.

I've done some of the Mobius units:

http://orig09.deviantart.net/03aa/f/201 ... aj42if.png
http://orig12.deviantart.net/4cbe/f/201 ... agn8w9.png

The F-2 isn't strictly canon, but it's the correct paint scheme and a reasonable loadout for each of the missions. Looking forward to more stuff from you!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: March 12th, 2017, 8:30 pm
Good afternoon:

[ img ]
This is the first aircraft of my AU country. This fictional nation is a republic which had born from the Latine Kingdom of Jerusalem, the Res publica Christiana ad Orientalem Plaga (Christian Republic at Levant). In this paralel universe, the rout of Hattin never existed, because the christian armies choose to oppose Saladin at the Judean Coastal plateau, instead going to the north. Two generations later, the House of Baldwin was left with no heirs and the republic was proclaimed.
Unfortunatelly, I had the drawings without proper cronology: The ships are from the last decade of the XIX century, the army is from the mid 1950s, and the air force from the mid 1970s. So please forgive the disorder :? .
One last, but important thing: This is a completelly fictional universe, without any political nor religious statements. I don't have the imagination to create an artificial island or continent, just enough to think about the survival of an ancient kingdom (My other AU alternative was much more extreme: No Teutoburg Wald battle! :shock: ).
Credits: lot of thanks to BB1987, and to eswube for hi precise indications for improving the drawing.
Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 72 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 170 71 72 73 74107 »

Jump to: