Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
gral
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: August 4th, 2014, 11:51 am
Madsen also built 23mm guns. IIRC, the Netherlands used them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: August 4th, 2014, 2:01 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
Very nice designs, but why 23 mm guns? The only airborne 23 mm I can think of are the Soviet Gsh/ NR series.
Hispanos. There were 23mm and 30mm projected versions but the outbreak of war prevented them maturing.

The 23mm x122 would have been somewhat of a more potent vs the 20mm x110 firing a 200g vs 122g projectile at 900 vs 830m/s resulting in roughly twice the muzzle energy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: August 5th, 2014, 7:47 am
In Wesworld, Fabrique Nationale licence-builds the Madsen cannon in both 20mm and 23mm forms.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: August 5th, 2014, 8:24 am
That's a shame, the Madsen was always a bit of an odd sheep, that said though the 23mm x120 should be broadly equivalent in power to the Hispano.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: August 10th, 2014, 1:26 pm
[ img ]

Wesworld Netherlands brought the Focke Wulf Fw 187A-1 from Germany as a fast twin-engine interceptor. In Wesworld the Fw 187 had a wider cockpit and more resembled the historical V1 prototype. It is powered by DB 601 engines and these were exported widely to Siam and licence-built in Mexico.
In 1945, the last Fw-187s in Dutch service are with the Air Force's Technical School and this tired old beast now languishes in a hangar, perhaps never to fly again. Her old squadron markings have been painted over and she now bears instructions and inventory codes and the 'X' which marks her as grounded.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: September 7th, 2014, 3:45 pm
[ img ]
Koolhoven F.K.58

In Wesworld the F.K.58 is much like the real world version but has a heavier armament of two 23mm FN-Madsen cannon and four 13.2mm FN-Brownings. It is only used by the Dutch semi-independent colony, the Kingdom of the Kongo. By 1945 in Wesworld it only equips one reserve fighter squadron and is the main fighter trainer of this small air force.

This is my first attempt at trying Naxioterk's Italian style camo, I don't think its too bad an effort!

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: September 7th, 2014, 7:08 pm
Looks good Hood,

Though I must confess I thought they were supposed to be bullet holes at first glance...

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: September 7th, 2014, 7:19 pm
I wonder if the effect would be better suited to having the khaki as a base rather than the brown?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: September 7th, 2014, 7:20 pm
Nice work on paintschemes! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: Wesworld United Kingdom of the Netherlands AU FD ScalePosted: September 7th, 2014, 9:10 pm
Hood wrote:
This is my first attempt at trying Naxioterk's Italian style camo, I don't think its too bad an effort!
It's way more than perfect!

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: