Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
nighthunter
Post subject: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: September 29th, 2014, 5:29 am
So, I got bored last night, really bored, and came up with a Whiff scenario, here's the history:

July, 1863, Gettysburg, PA.

General Lee captures Round Top, while General Meade's troops hold Little Round top, forcing Meade on the defensive, Pickett's Charge is mildly successful and the Federal Troops withdraw to a defensive position, causing a stalemate. Meade orders a withdrawal to a more defensive line, causing a Strategic Victory for Lee.

Great Britain intervenes, on behalf of the Confederacy, politically only, by threatening a two front war with the US. President Lincoln accepts the Peace, but both the UK and US require the South give up slavery, for Peace with the US, and trade agreements with the UK. The Confederacy reluctantly agrees and all slaves are freed. In 1865, both Presidents Lincoln and Jackson address the veterans of Gettysburg, solidifying the Peace between the nations. The US then offers economic aid and trade agreements with the Confederacy, which are accepted. Peace between the USA and CSA prosper. Several territories joined the CSA, bringing the total states to 14.

In 1898, both the US and CS joined forces against Spain, after the sinking of the USS Maine and the damaging of the CSS Texas (Ironically, also Sister Ships in this timeline.) in the same explosion. Confederacy handles the war in the Caribbean, and the US deals with the Philippines. Teddy Roosevelt is recognized for his service with the Rough Riders in the Philippines, and becomes President several times. It is Teddy who leads the US when the world goes to war in Europe, siding with France, GB and Russia, after the sinking of the RMS Lusitania in 1915. Confederate President Woodrow Wilson, stays Neutral till the Zimmerman Telegram is revealed to the Confederacy, and unrestricted U-boat warfare is declared, prompting the Confederacy to join The Great War in early 1917.

The United States Aero Service was supplied primarily by the French Air Service, with some British designed aircraft occasionally coming into the inventory. The Confederate States Flying Corps was Supplied Primarily by the British. Only two American made fighter aircraft were used by both services, the Thomas-Morse S-4 Scout, and Standard E-1.

Here is the History of the USAS and CSFC!

Last edited by nighthunter on October 5th, 2014, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ailgin
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: September 29th, 2014, 9:35 pm
My triple great grandfather was a Confederate diplomat to England and funded a battery at Gettysburg,; his brother owned a house in Richmond that is now known as the White House of the Confederacy. ;) :mrgreen: :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: September 30th, 2014, 1:34 am
Does England perhaps choose to politically intervene because of the failure to grow and procure cotton in India and Egypt (which IIRC replaced to a degree, the Southern production) for some reason? I believe that would be the reason for them to threaten to join a war the majority of the population was against playing a role in.

References and feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Trojan on September 30th, 2014, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: September 30th, 2014, 4:57 am
Sure, Trojan, that helps with the excuse to get them involved.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: October 6th, 2014, 5:28 am
And here it is!

US and Confederate Fighter Aircraft:

USAS Nieuport N.11C1, 1915:
[ img ]

USAS Nieuport N.17C1, 1916:
[ img ]

USAS Nieuport N.21, 1916:
[ img ]

USAS & CSFC Sopwith Triplane, 1916 & 1917:
[ img ]

USAS & CSFC Sopwith Pup, 1916 & 1917:
[ img ]

USAS & CSFC R.A.F. S.E.5a, 1917:
[ img ]

USAS Nieuport N.23, 1917:
[ img ]

USAS Nieuport N.24bis, 1917:
[ img ]

USAS Nieuport N.27, 1917:
[ img ]

USAS Nieuport N.28C1, 1917:
[ img ]

CSFC Sopwith F.1 Camel, 1917:
[ img ]

USAS S.P.A.D. XIII, 1918:
[ img ]

CSFC Sopwith Dolphin, 1918:
[ img ]

Last edited by nighthunter on November 7th, 2014, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: October 6th, 2014, 12:13 pm
A nice backstory that I can actually buy working out and nice colour schemes to boot!

Have you considered licence-building of Anglo-French types in USA/ CSA to help out the British and French manufacturers?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: October 6th, 2014, 5:56 pm
Hood, an excellent question, and, yes, Boeing, Standard, Curtiss, Wright, Thomas-Morse, Martin, all helped produce Anglo-French aircraft to assist the European Manufacturers. In my timeline, Curtiss helps produce the SPAD and Boeing, the Nieuports, and the Boeing Designers even fix issues with the N.28's wing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: October 6th, 2014, 9:00 pm
Such a good idea of an AU and nice drawings to boot.
I would encourage you to keep going to the 1920's and even go for WW2 era planes. Maybe some ingenious designs in the CSA?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: November 7th, 2014, 10:21 pm
Updated!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: US and CS Air Power during WW1Posted: November 8th, 2014, 9:14 am
Nice. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: