Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 47 of 51  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page « 145 46 47 48 4951 »
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 16th, 2015, 3:10 pm
Hood wrote:
There are probably hundreds of Moth schemes out there...
ONLY 38 military operators....... it wil take time..... a lot of time.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 16th, 2015, 8:41 pm
Many operators but small planes, and I'm not suggesting doing all possible paint schemes, just those most representative. ;)

Btw. there are many other aircraft in the Archive that while were made in large numbers and in numerous variants, here are presented only in minor fraction of these - often just one generic model/paint scheme or even blank.
(and yeah, some of these were made by me, but I'm going to correct that situation with my works)

[Profile]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 17th, 2015, 10:25 pm
Still in a very WIP stage but i figured i'd post for some pionters. first up E3 Setry shown with both engine types i will do Frenh, USAF, Nato and RAF with the wing tip electronics pods, but for now heres the basis as in real life converted from the Boeing 707.

[ img ]

Still very WIP shown as original KC135 and later KC135R still bits to add but again posted for some pionters. i originally intended using the 707 as a basis but after messing for ages i drew all but the wings and original engines from scratch but have credited original artist all the same. i intend to do the KC135, RC135 and EC135 as well as a few other derivatives ive come across..

[ img ]

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 18th, 2015, 6:19 am
Nice work there, Shippy!

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 18th, 2015, 10:45 am
EXCELLENT stuff there mate - VERY well drawn :)

Can't wait to see finished product :!:

Well Done :!: :D

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 18th, 2015, 11:05 am
Good progress so far Shippy!

Yeah, one reason why kitbashing from a 707 won't work is because the fuselages are not the same, its easy to forget how different the civil 707 was from its KC-135 origins. The fuselage diameter was increased two times from the original 367-80!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 18th, 2015, 12:01 pm
The Heinkel He-112 was a fighter aircraft designed by Walter and Siegfried Gunther. It was a competitor of the Luftwaffe's 1933 fighter contract which the He-112 got the second position and was won by the Bf-109. However as the Bf-109 won by a nose the designers decided to keep improving the design to make it better than the Bf-109.

It was used by the Luftwaffe in small numbers but also by other countries like Romania, Hungary or Spain (which was the most important user of this airplane).

Based partially on the Heinkel He-70, it could be said that the He-112 was a scaled down version of the He-70. Two series were made of this airplane being them almost completely different airplanes: The A series (V1, V2, V3 and its variants, V4, V5, V6, V8, the A-0 and the unbuilt carrier version C-1) and the B series (V7, V9, V10 and B)

As a historical curiosity it's worth mentioning that this airplane was responsible for the first American-Spanish dogfight in all history when an american P-38F of the 14th Fighter Group entered in Spanish Morocco airspace and was intercepted and shot down by a Heinkel He-112V9 flown by the Lieutenant Miguel Entrena Klett (a veteran pilot of the Spanish Civil War) on 3rd March 1943 forcing the P-38 to land on the Mulluya river. It was also the first American-Spanish fight since the war of 1898.

It had many versions:
  • V1: The first prototype, equipped with a Rolls Royce Kestrell MkIIS engine.
    V2: Second prototype fitted with a Junkers Jumo 210C and slightly shorter wings
    V3: The first armed airplane. Featuring gun breech fairings, exhaust collector, a redesigned radiator, a redesigned tail spine and a slightly enlarged tail surface.
    V3 with an enclosed canopy: Modified version the regular V3 with a modified spine to fit the enclosed canopy.
    V3R: Testbed for a mixed propeller/rocket engine.
    V4: Powered by a Junkers Jumo 210D engine and had also slightly reduced tail surfaces.
    V5: Light close air support version featuring Mg17 machine guns.
    V6: Featuring a Junkers Jumo 210C engine and a revised, more aerodinamical radiator housing.
    V7: The very first prototype for the B series. Featuring a completely redesigned fuselage with an enclosed cockpit, an improved fin and rudder and powered by a Daimler-Benz 600Aa engine.
    V8: A regular A series airplane fitted with a Daimler-Benz 600Aa engine.
    V9: An almost definitve version of the B series. Featuring a Jumo 210Ea engine and a semi-retractable radiator
    V10: A V9 version powered by a Daimler Benz 601Aa engine.
    A-0: The definitve version of the A series, it was powered by a Junkers Jumo 210c engine and featured 7,9mm machine gun .
    B-0: The definitive version of the B series and the best version of them all. It was powered by a Junkers Jumo 210G liquid-cooled engine.
In retrospective it can be said that it wasn't a bad fighter at all. It's performance could be comparable to another successful fighter of the era like the Curtiss P-40, Hawker Hurricane or even with its most direct rival, the Bf-109 or true legends like the Supermarine Spitfire, at least with the earliest versions of this one.

Thanks to eswube for his help reviewing this airplane.

Germany, Hungary, Romania, Japan, Spain – Heinkel He-112:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Also don't miss the never built version of this airplane as well as the never-were users here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 94#p139394

And don't forget to check the AU variants and paint schemes!:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 93#p139393

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 18th, 2015, 4:33 pm
Excellent work! A very thorough series.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 18th, 2015, 7:04 pm
Excellent work on He-112. I didn't expect there will be so many of them! :)

[Profile]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 10 - The second generationPosted: March 18th, 2015, 8:33 pm
All I really have to say is that I agree with the others! Wonderful work Naixoterk :)

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 47 of 51  [ 505 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 145 46 47 48 4951 »

Jump to: