Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 511 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: August 17th, 2015, 6:35 am
My AU had already all the technology and tooling for manufacture Challenger I, so this tank seemed an possible follow-on as personally thought it. Lion Mk.3 are new built tanks, of which 416 units manufactured from 2005 to 2012. This enabled Hellenic Army to replace the M48A5 of Island Defense Forces and replaced them with the much capable Leopard IA5H2. Latter is used also from RHN Marines.

As for the Chieftain Shir-II, these were actually 216 (to equip 4 tank battalion of 41 tanks each). In mid 1990's they retired and gradually modified to specialiazed variants for Engineers of Hellenic Army and additional Bison brigdelayers and CRARRV. Last 26 remaining hulls modified to an analog of the German Kodiak. Engineers also use Leopard I derived vehicles, both of German and local manufacture (under lisence).

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: October 4th, 2015, 4:20 pm
Edited new text for Lynx Armored Car "B-side" in page 2.

[Profile] [Quote]
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: February 1st, 2016, 10:17 pm
Is this thread dead?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: February 2nd, 2016, 1:40 am
No, it will continue soon, when the background history for this AU is ready. Ι am at about 80% right now.

[Profile] [Quote]
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: February 2nd, 2016, 10:55 pm
Glad to hear it.I'm looking forward.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: September 16th, 2017, 1:39 pm
More WIP from my AU, credited to me and other artists whose parts I used. Drawings are croped with my Android phone, from my computer I will create proper templates with B-side and full crediting. Frame for the text on B-side is included.

Alta 1200/1300 Light Amphibious ATV

Other variants of this vehicle included a civilian version similar with Mini-Moke and several paratrooper variants, like LuAZ 967/968. A hardtop civilian variant very similar with the military one was also sold.

Alta itshelf as company established in mid 1950's, manufacturing microcars lisenced from Germany and Italy. These soon became successful in market, because they where cheap and registered as motorcycles in local laws. Also several models of tricycle light trucks were developed and sold in domestic market and exported. Microcar fashion passed gradually and in tricycles domestic market competion increased also, resulting in diffucult time for the company. An attempt of creating a derivative of BMW 700 with Steyr-Puch air-cooled engine was not very successful despite investment on machinery under bank loan. Ironically, that vehicle would be succesfull solding by DIM, the company which bought the production line from Alta in 1971. DIM 654/654 S/DIM Spyder would be sold in 70k numbers until mid 1980's.

History of Alta 1200/1300:

Basil Altanides was a Hellene from Pontos area (north coast of Turkey) whose family was among those who immigrated in USSR in 1920's. Altanides was in second generation an engineer in USSR and immigrated again, this time in Hellenic Kingdom with his family, taking with him the blueprints of a vehicle of his design. His design in USSR lost to LuAZ 968.

In that era ELBO-Steyr had manufactured under lisence Steyr Haflinger and had also developed a enlarged derivative with a 4-cyl engine (2 Steyr-Puch bolt together, placed in rear position). Altanides work for ELBO-Steyr first on this -which shared engine position with his design- resulting in merging the 2 designs. ELBO however did not had space for buliding it, because of the expansion of military production lines (Steyr trucks and the Saurer 4K/Leonidas I (AU) and the Light ATV tooling passed in Alta, which wanted something new to build to remain open. Name changed in cm2 related and production started in 1975-76. Gradually, the company find market in specialized small vehicles for various applications.

Alta 600-850 ATV series

Other such vehicles were the 600-850 series , which started as a near copy of Canadian Terrajet 453-the "600" (which did imported in real Hellas in 1976-I had a test in a Hellenic car magazine from 1976), but was closer with Haflinger under skin, appeared in 1980. Gradually, the "600" envolved to something similar with Canadian Argo ATV, but the main difference between is the convectional steering wheel instead of motocycle handlebars. However, both use differential steering (like tracked vehicles) for steering.

To be honest, I was inspired by the new Chinese ATV NORINCO Lynx to desigh the 8-wheeled variant.

Allta 1500/1700

These appeared in mid to late 1990's and are similar in concept and appearence with British Supacat ATMP, but very different under the skin. For instance, transmission use special designed belt, differential steering only actuated by convectional steering wheel and semi-cage in front. Engine and gearbox is also different, from Mercedes Benz.

Variants include flat cargo bed, rescue, fire fighting with water tank and pump. Trailer is optional.

The "900" is an enlaged "850", but with mid-transverse engine (Daihatsu 3-cyl diesel), very similar with Canadian Argo Centaur but not direct or near copy. Finally, last are based on South African Gecko ATV. Chassis from latter was modified for creating an improved "900".

I plan to revise the drawnings, so removed them for now.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: November 21st, 2017, 5:05 pm
Athens Public City Organization (AU) is a semi-state/semi-private company which was established in 1959, formed from a partnership among many public buses owners and state funding for renewal of fleet. Company owns several large workshop facilities and operates nearly 2,400 buses in 320 routes through the city. One third of buses run with CNG (Compressed Natural Gas)

Newer buses are MAN Lion's City, through 2010's, to replace Volvo B10M MkIII & MkIV. All were manufactured in the local MAN factory. Livery is inspired from real Athens buses.

[ img ]

Last edited by odysseus1980 on April 28th, 2019, 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: November 21st, 2017, 9:09 pm
Nice additions. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: November 25th, 2017, 4:45 am
Great work Odysseus old chap :!:

Can't wait to see more my friend :D

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: November 26th, 2017, 9:10 pm
Of course, not all of these buses operated by APCO were Volvo B10M. There are also Mercedes O405N/GN (articulated), Citaro G (again single & articulated), Volvo B7L/LA and B9L. Also there are Volvo B10MA.

CNG buses are O405N and Citaro G (actually all short Citaro G run on CNG). The O405N is the most nerous city bus in Hellenic Kingdom, manufactured under licence by ELBO from 1987 to 2009, replaced by Citaro G. Ending with bus fleet, MAN Lion G are not the first MAN city buses in APCO fleet. The ancestor was a Bussing design back in 1960's, followed by Vanhool A500 in 1989 and a Hellenic designed derivative which has different nose and back, but underskin remains A500. Same with its short brother, the A300.

Local MAN Hellas (Sfakianakis Factory) dominates local market for small 8.6m city buses from mid 1980's with own and license built designs. Best customer is various Municipality own passenger transit services.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 511 »

Jump to: