Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 511 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 7th, 2015, 8:44 am
In this thread all FD-scale designs of my AU will be posted. Hellenic Kingdom is a fictional alternate form of real Hellas located in a parallel universe were many things are different. This AU has nothing to do with real Hellas, although there are similarites, such as language spoken, names, cities, companies involved etc. But everything involved in or with this nation is referred as "Hellenic Kingdom". Also FD-scale designs involved with Cyprus AU (since this second small AU goes in parallel with main AU) will be post here as well.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on January 9th, 2015, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 7th, 2015, 10:18 am
If this thread is only about FD scales, I think its best to move this to FD scale forum?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 7th, 2015, 11:28 am
Yes, it will contain AU FD-scale designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 7th, 2015, 11:39 am
Ok, Ill move it then

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 7th, 2015, 1:11 pm
First design in this new thread is the Main Battle Tank of Hellenic Army (AU), the Lion Mk.1/Mk.2. This is my first B-side also.

[ img ]

[ img ]

The conclusions from 1977 War, which was also the first time Leopard I tanks fired in anger, were that Hellenic Army needs heavier Tank battalions. The 1983 contest for a new tank required 468 new tanks for 9 battalions and 3 more of a similar type for familiarization and training in a full Tank Brigade .Winner was the British Challenger Mk.I plus Shir II. Vickers as offsets several FV180 CET and FV107 Scimitars plus equipment for Engineering Regiments of Hellenic Army, about 200 remaining Chieftain Shir II did not delivered to Empire of Persia, manufacturing of the tank electronics and the Rolls Royce Condor CV.12 engine under license. Scimitars and Scorpion ordered in 1987-88 to replace the M24 Chaffee. More Scorpion and Scimitar would later ordered, former with the 90mm Cockerill gun instead of the British 76mm and offset given Scoprions were also retrofitted with the 90mm.

Hellenic Defense Vehicles (which had also manufactured Leopard I from 1969 to 1981) continued to improve the tank, testing various changes to electronics. Meanwhile, a program of modernization for 624 of Leopard I to A5 spec was completed, plus several conversions from German Leopard IA2 to specialized vehicles. In 1992, the Lion Mk.2 entered production, which was a conversion of the Shir II with slightly modified Challenger turret, indigenous FCS and laser meter, plus new ballistic computer. The electronics of Mk.2 were retrofitted also in Lion Mk.1, re-designated as Lion Mk.1B. Chobam I armor was still adequate and remained unchanged. A missile fired from the 120mm gun was also tested, co-developed with Israel, the E-120 (120mm diameter). A smaller version with 105mm diameter developed for Leopard I.

Rolls Royce CV12 was improved from Petropoulos Factory, which manufactured Perkins engines under license since 1930's. Petropoulos made Perkins had many improvements over their British made cousins, resulting in greater performance and reliability. The RR CV-12P1 diesel was rated at 1400 hp with several improvements, while the P2 for the Lion Mk.3 (which has several features from Challenger Mk.2, including Chobam II armor among others) is said to be even more powerful, although official performance remains unchanged. In total, 468 Lion Mk.3 built, sending Leopard IA5M2 in Island Defense Forces to replace the last M48A5H in early 2000's.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on March 11th, 2017, 9:52 am, edited 7 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 8th, 2015, 10:03 am
Armored Car Lynx:

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by odysseus1980 on October 4th, 2015, 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Little Bird
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 20th, 2015, 10:05 am
odysseus, uses the just credits for designs.
For example, the bridge layer system is mine, like other FD designs that you posted in your SB topic AU.

;)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 20th, 2015, 12:31 pm
Little Bird wrote:
odysseus, uses the just credits for designs.
For example, the bridge layer system is mine, like other FD designs that you posted in your SB topic AU.

;)
Edited credit for bridge layer system. Every FD-scale design from my previous thread will be moved here. Any missed credit please remind to add.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: January 29th, 2015, 3:33 pm
Flag was erased, because i was not satisfied with it. Will be appeared again in future.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Kingdom in FD-scalePosted: March 10th, 2015, 10:09 am
Could I post my Franscale desings here? Uniforms, small arms and light antitank weapons.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 511 »

Jump to: