Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Western_1
Post subject: Vayiiric TanksPosted: June 26th, 2015, 4:56 am
Hello, I wanted to pre-face this thread with a little question. I based these tanks off some work that was done by Dark Panda, namely his Abrams tank and Type-61 tanks. I did however modify them very heavily, not just with a new paint scheme but with substantial modification to everything from the vehicles shape, to its suspension to its gun. What is the protocol for this? Do I mention Dark Panda in the credits next to my name or do really substantial modifications warrant considering it a new work? I don't want to be accused of stealing.

Anyway, here I go.

---

After the Multiple Wars, Vayiir entered a long period of relative peace and major economic growth. While many countries were moving onto the concept of main battle tanks, Vayiir was not yet ready to dispose of its system of classifying tanks by a different model. Adding to that, Vayiir was a unique case among nations in the world. It was isolated on its own, huge continent and the country was increasingly involved in selling weapons to various up and coming third world nations.

For these reasons, tanks would be classified by light, medium and heavy. First we begin with the light tank.

[ img ]

The K1S tank was born out of a simple set of needs. Firepower, speed and armor were all secondary issues that would see major compromise in the face of greater needs. High battle-worthiness, light footprint for low infrastructure areas and a low price point for overseas sales. The K1S came in two flavors. First, a native version made with a compact turbine engine and light weight composite armor. Secondly, a diesel powered export variant with steel armor. Armed with a 100mm gun, easy to use controls and a low maintenance profile, the K1S is able to be bought in bulk in ways that other countries cannot compete with. It is said that more modern competing main battle tanks can cost triple what a K1S can cost, allowing even small nations to have an armored component to their military. Weighing in at just 34 tons, the K1S is one of the most widely produced tanks on earth even if Vayiir itself doesn't have dedicated K1S tank units.

[ img ]

Next we have the K2M tank. The K2M is a 120mm gun armed beast of a tank that every other nation on earth would consider a main battle tank. The K2M does not have a steel and diesel knock off, though turbine and composite armor variants are sold to close ally's of Vayiir. Weighing in at around 60 tons, the K2M is the tank most heavily employed by Vayiir itself.

[ img ]

Finally, the K3H. The worlds only heavy tank. A 120 ton monstrosity with a 175mm main gun, 30mm coaxial secondary gun and enough armor to survive even a somewhat-nearby nuclear blast. The K3H is deployed typically in small numbers near major cities along the coastline of Vayiir. The capital city even sports a full armored brigade for defense. K3H's are purely for homeland defense.

I would like some critique, as I am somewhat new to all this.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Vayiiric TanksPosted: June 26th, 2015, 9:14 am
Nice Work Krases.

And abouth crediting the fist two i would memtion Dart Panda for it to. As you can clearly see the shape of his work in it .

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: