Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
ALVAMA
Post subject: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachtPosted: March 7th, 2016, 10:01 pm
Allright, since my time is limited, because of many reasons, I am gonna to post them one by one, as I can post a whole line (class) of ships at once.
I have been doing research for like 3 years, to get most of these done (checked out) So now its time to draw them..
The one to begin with. I hope I can add soon a couple more!

[ img ]

[Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 3:00 am
Fantabulous! I can see every rivet...

Is the Spica on your list?

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 8:47 am
Excellent work Alex, this is going to be a great series.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 2:13 pm
Charybdis wrote:
Fantabulous! I can see every rivet...

Is the Spica on your list?
Thanks!) Yes the Spica is on my list too, but on a later stage (as I have only a limited resources about her, I am gonna contact her currents owners and hope this turns out nicely)

Hood wrote:
Excellent work Alex, this is going to be a great series.
Thankyou! Many great ships will follow. Aswell Weather ships, support vessels and some Auxiliary of the Navy. I will try to post some every week end)

[Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 3:18 pm
Excellent! Great detail. Does "Vorpostenboot" mean that this
was originally a boat carrying the mails, or was it posted as
a scout/recon ship?

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 3:29 pm
signal wrote:
Excellent! Great detail. Does "Vorpostenboot" mean that this
was originally a boat carrying the mails, or was it posted as
a scout/recon ship?
Thanks! It's a little hard to give a proper translation, but Vorpostenboot means like '' To the Duty'' or ''On Station'' In Both Dutch -and German ''post'' means ''Station'' in Army language. It's basically pre-arranged patrol duties, every ship (or unity) had an own area. They had a patrol duty against Submarines, raiders or aircrafts (depends on the unity) Calling them a ''scout'' would work too, yes) The ''Vorpostenboot'' where in many forms. Most I have seen are ASW -and AAA. Generally refitted from Trawlers or Luggers. I believe most ''MLF'' (as this is a sub-type) where used for AAA or coastal attacks.

[Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 5:56 pm
Traditionally fantastic work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Jetstijn
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 8:37 pm
what a beautiful little ship

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Dutch Auxiliary: Loodswezen - Rijkswaterstaat - KustwachPosted: March 8th, 2016, 8:50 pm
An excellent drawing, on par with the usual ALVAMA style.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: