Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 15th, 2017, 11:27 pm
Amazing work, the scope of it is enormous, and the the dedication to it is worthy.

Very well done, Sir!!!

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 16th, 2017, 11:31 am
Wow, that's a lot of DC-3!
Splendid job.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 16th, 2017, 9:57 pm
Marvellous and just exceptional :!: :D It took me more than half an hour looking through these fantastic versions. I just wonder why you have the danish SAS DC-3 (Scandinavian Airlines System) on the Swedish template? But I'm pretty sure SAS had Swedish and Norwegian registrated DC-3's. ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 17th, 2017, 9:38 am
This is perhaps the most epic single-aircraft series of drawings we've ever seen.
I know this marathon project must have eaten up your time and impetus to continue, but you persevered and I think the results have more than repaid your efforts.
Every single colour scheme is beautifully done and while I've seen some of these in books and on the web, many are new to me and just researching all these variants and conversions and operators must have been a huge task.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 17th, 2017, 3:18 pm
Excellent work, I love this ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 17th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Thanks Mates! :D

@Gollevainen
It sort of works for me that way, unfortunately only after I have already some 90% done. :(

@Hood
Quality-wise it's not anything that hasn't been seen on this Forum already. But quantity-wise it's indeed something that would be rather hard to beat - for purely practical reasons (like finding another aircraft with comparable amount of paint schemes). ;)

@KimWerner
Actually I must have had a bad day back then, as only when it was ready and I was putting it on template I noticed 'Hey! but OY- isn't Swedish registration!' - but then thought 'Oh hell. I'm not going to look for another. SAS is headquartered in Sweden anyway...' ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 17th, 2017, 10:29 pm
eswube wrote: *
@KimWerner
Actually I must have had a bad day back then, as only when it was ready and I was putting it on template I noticed 'Hey! but OY- isn't Swedish registration!' - but then thought 'Oh hell. I'm not going to look for another. SAS is headquartered in Sweden anyway...' ;)
Yes HQ is in Stockholm, but SAS is owned by the states of Norway, Denmark and Sweden and the airplanes are registrered in the respective country where the planes are based ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 18th, 2017, 3:13 am
eswube wrote: *

Ugh... drawing all of it took me over 6 months of my life, so I hope You'll like it (and will post some feedback ;) ).
'Eswube', my dear chap... It may very well have taken you "in excess of :o SIX months" to draw, colour and collate the above drawings, but in truth, it has taken me ALMOST as long to observe and inwardly digest all these AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, ASTOUNDING, REMARKABLE, WONDROUS and EVER-SO FINE illustrations you have so kindly and EXPERTLY drawn and coloured in FD scale for us. :shock:

But I very much regret sir, that words to express my wonder and amazement at all your fine work escape me at present, but WOW, your post has simply taken my breath away. I am thoroughly in awe of you 'Eswube' :!:

Jolly WELL DONE my old fruit bat. Jolly WELL DONE indeed.

With my new found and deepest respect sir, :ugeek:

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 18th, 2017, 2:43 pm
Yeah, I don't think I said enough when all I said was "Good god!" Truly astounding work showing the dedication eswube has to detail, perfection, and most of all - thoroughness. I don't think anyone on SB has ever gone to this level!

My particular favorites are the Australian military versions. I may have to make a few AU derivatives based off these liveries.

Excellent work - proving again why eswube is one of our most valuable and important colleagues.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Douglas DC-3 family (warning: lots of files)Posted: April 18th, 2017, 3:09 pm
Agree with all previous comments, work on DC-3 is epic, marvelous and astonishing. I can add much more similar words to describe it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: