[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 21  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1921 »
Author Message
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 7th, 2019, 2:23 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 3741
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 3:06 am
Contact: Website
No real backstory behind this one, just the result of some late night chats that went either horribly wrong, or horribly right. Figure 50 seats (so you only need one flight attendant) and the rest is cargo.

[ img ]

_________________
Please don't call me Tim. If you don't want to use Timothy, use TJ.
MATHNET - To Cogitate and to Solve


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 25th, 2019, 9:09 am
Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: February 22nd, 2015, 10:26 am
[ img ]

With the EU wanting its members to do more both to protect its borders and to intervene in the 3rd world . Member states came under pressure to improve some of their defence capabilities. The Irish were already contemplating replacing their 2 CN235 MPA with a more capable platform to give more capability for longer periods. With EU funding and direction they were able to purchase 3 New C-295W MPA and had funding for more crews as well. These Crews could be used support deployed aircraft or to integrate with other EU nations crews as the Irish aircraft were built to a common systems fit. Based at Baldonnel and usually with 1 aircraft forward deployed in Malta 282,283 and 284 rotated regularly.

[ img ]

The Irish Air Corps had long identified the need for a Transport aircraft. This aspiration fitted in well with EU defence policy. The original plan put forward by the Dublin government was for 1 C-295W and 2 C-295W MPA. However to add EU capability the EU offered to fund an Additional Transport and and Additional MPA leading to the Irish Air Corps having a Fleet of 2 Transports 280 & 281 in addition to the 3 Maritime patrol Aircraft. The Transports proved very useful to the Irish for training pilots and supporting the Army in Lebanon, forward deployed MPA in Malta, occasional forays on UN and EU missions in Africa as well as various specialised army training. One capability the Irish omitted in their specification that did cause some issues was a lack of Inflight refueling. Although the insistance on a Satellite communications system like the MPA's paid dividends.


Last edited by rifleman2 on March 26th, 2019, 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 25th, 2019, 10:11 am
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 2681
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 12:45 pm
Location: Poland
If I remember all new build C-295 have winglets as standard and modification kits for older machines.

_________________
[ img ]
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
sparky42
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 26th, 2019, 2:08 am
Offline
Posts: 44
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 11:24 am
rifleman2 wrote: *
snip

With the EU wanting its members to do more both to protect its borders and to intervene in the 3rd world . Member states came under pressure to improve some of their defence capabilities. The Irish were already contemplating replacing their 2 CN235 MPA with a more capable platform to give more capability for longer periods. With EU funding and direction they were able to purchase 3 New C-295 MPA and had funding for more crews as well. These Crews could be used support deployed aircraft or to integrate with other EU nations crews as the Irish aircraft were built to a common systems fit. Based at Baldonnel and usually with 1 aircraft forward deployed in Malta 282,283 and 284 rotated regularly.
Close enough to the likely outcome, right now it's likely to be 2 295 MPA's, though the AC is trying hard for a cargo variant third airframe for general operations. Think them and the Navy Flagship replacement are currently battling for which gets ordered first (given the material state of the 235's delaying isn't much of an option), and I have to agree given our relationship with the Maltese military such a deployment would have made perfect sense during the Med crisis if we had 3 airframes.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 26th, 2019, 2:24 pm
Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: February 22nd, 2015, 10:26 am
[ img ]

When Canada introduced the AVGP vehicles they looked with a little envy at the UK CVRT family and its flexibility. With a few UN operations the Canadian government dcided having some light armour would be a useful capability and Tracked vehicles weren't as softly softly as they would like. However having the flexibility that CVRT would offer they copied the concept and expanded the AVGP family as well as upgrading some systems like night vision and communications.

The series became the:-
Cougar 76mm L23 Gun
Wolverine TOW under armour
Grizzly APC
Caribou Armoured Ambulance
Racoon Armoured Command Post
Husky Armoured Recovery Vehicle
Bobcat 30mm Rarden


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 26th, 2019, 7:52 pm
Offline
Posts: 6268
Joined: July 31st, 2010, 10:07 am
Very nice idea, works out nicely.
Good to see so many good AU ideas out there

_________________
Hood's Worklist
English Electric Canberra FD
Interwar RN Capital Ships
Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 27th, 2019, 1:38 am
Offline
Posts: 261
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 5:44 pm
rifleman2 wrote: *
[ img ]

When Canada introduced the AVGP vehicles they looked with a little envy at the UK CVRT family and its flexibility. With a few UN operations the Canadian government dcided having some light armour would be a useful capability and Tracked vehicles weren't as softly softly as they would like. However having the flexibility that CVRT would offer they copied the concept and expanded the AVGP family as well as upgrading some systems like night vision and communications.

The series became the:-
Cougar 76mm L23 Gun
Wolverine TOW under armour
Grizzly APC
Caribou Armoured Ambulance
Racoon Armoured Command Post
Husky Armoured Recovery Vehicle
Bobcat 30mm Rarden
These look great - but how do they differ from the actual 6x6 armored vehicles Canada used
in the 1970's and beyond?


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 27th, 2019, 11:25 am
Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: February 22nd, 2015, 10:26 am
signal wrote: *
rifleman2 wrote: *
[ img ]

When Canada introduced the AVGP vehicles they looked with a little envy at the UK CVRT family and its flexibility. With a few UN operations the Canadian government dcided having some light armour would be a useful capability and Tracked vehicles weren't as softly softly as they would like. However having the flexibility that CVRT would offer they copied the concept and expanded the AVGP family as well as upgrading some systems like night vision and communications.

The series became the:-
Cougar 76mm L23 Gun
Wolverine TOW under armour
Grizzly APC
Caribou Armoured Ambulance
Racoon Armoured Command Post
Husky Armoured Recovery Vehicle
Bobcat 30mm Rarden
These look great - but how do they differ from the actual 6x6 armored vehicles Canada used
in the 1970's and beyond?
The real vehicles Cougar, Grzzly and Husky are largely as built though add in the L2e1 nigh vision systems on the cougar
the Wolverive,Racoon,Caribou and bobcat are totally fictionsl so you have TUA introduced into canadian service much earlier and the 30mm Rarden which the canadians never used.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: March 29th, 2019, 5:30 pm
Offline
Posts: 357
Joined: January 9th, 2012, 9:50 am
A plausible AU MPA for France when ATL-2 will be obsolete by 2030.
The Kawasaki P-1F "Balbuzard" (French for "Osprey") of the flottille 21F.
I would like to thank Little Bird for the superb P-1 he has drawn : I've modified nothing and credits goes to him.

[ img ]

_________________
Je pardonne à tous ceux qui m'ont offensé... mais je garde la liste!


Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 1st, 2019, 3:26 pm
Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: February 22nd, 2015, 10:26 am
Cplnew83 wrote: *
A plausible AU MPA for France when ATL-2 will be obsolete by 2030.
The Kawasaki P-1F "Balbuzard" (French for "Osprey") of the flottille 21F.
I would like to thank Little Bird for the superb P-1 he has drawn : I've modified nothing and credits goes to him.

[ img ]
Very Nice how I like AU plauseable. Could you see P8 in french markings.....think not. Was thinking of this subject and pulled up the Airbus A319/320 as a possible candidate but the P1 looks amazing.
In your AU France would it just be Aeronaval using them or maybe an ELINT version for the Airforce?
Might fit into some other European Nations maritime Patrol replacement like Germany,Greece,Portugal,Spain maybe others like Canada


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 21  [ 202 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1921 »

Jump to: 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests


The team | Delete all board cookies | All times are UTC


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]