Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 52  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3052 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 6th, 2019, 6:46 am
Quote:
I'm afraid that's the last of Naixoterk's works (unless, of course, he will return
ok, well I admire you (and others) who had completed these sets, really speaks about determination.

[Profile] [Quote]
Albert1099
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 7th, 2019, 10:13 am
Decided to make my own S-49 in my style, if there are ny mistakes, pointing them out would be helpful!
[ img ]

Sent 'em running to the huts!"

[Profile] [Quote]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 7th, 2019, 3:51 pm
Cockpit shading is a turn-off, but otherwise good job! Here's something to supplement them.
[ img ]
Japan, Kawasaki Ki-96

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 7th, 2019, 10:15 pm
@Bordkanone75
Nice work. Keep it up.

@Albert1099
It's not bad (though already 3rd S-49 we have ;) ), but I have few remarks.
I agree with BK75 that window shade is not the best choice, but it's rather marginal thing.
More significantly though, I see a problem with canopy as a whole. I don't quite understad why You haven't simply recycled central (movable) part from S-49A on S-49C (and why that central part looks like it was made of 3 completely separate elements? - see (1) on the drawing below). Also, the rear part of canopy on 49A has that black-outlined-frame and on 49C not - I'd suggest to decide either way for both. Also, from the photos it seems to me that windscreen on both models differed (on 49A resembling Yak-3, on 49C resembling Yak-9) - here I shamelessly will suggest You to perhaps take a look on (my) drawings of these (see (2) below), where also instead of 3-pixel thick outline of the frame, I used simply darker shade of "fuselage" color.
It is also my sincere belief, that contour of the bottom part of the rear fuselage was (at least for the most part) a straight line (or at least a very gentle arc - same applies to these "ribs" on 49A and panel lines on 49C. (see (3) below).
The cooler/charger/? on 49C - considering it's shape, it could be arguably outlined in black (though I'd be against it personally) but definitely in much darker shade (to show that it's more than just another panel line) - and certainly the forward part of it must be outlined in black because it's standing out from the surface behind it ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/56388143@N06/19020641959 ) - I also have a feeling it was more vertically symmetrical (see (4) below).
Last but not least, there are some perfectly avoidable double-black lines (see (5) below).

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 8th, 2019, 2:41 am
[ img ]
Japan, Mitsubishi G4M1 Hamaki
Once you light it, it burns. Just like a Zippo!

[Profile] [Quote]
Albert1099
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 12th, 2019, 3:55 am
eswube wrote: *
@Bordkanone75
Nice work. Keep it up.

@Albert1099
It's not bad (though already 3rd S-49 we have ;) ), but I have few remarks.
I agree with BK75 that window shade is not the best choice, but it's rather marginal thing.
More significantly though, I see a problem with canopy as a whole. I don't quite understad why You haven't simply recycled central (movable) part from S-49A on S-49C (and why that central part looks like it was made of 3 completely separate elements? - see (1) on the drawing below). Also, the rear part of canopy on 49A has that black-outlined-frame and on 49C not - I'd suggest to decide either way for both. Also, from the photos it seems to me that windscreen on both models differed (on 49A resembling Yak-3, on 49C resembling Yak-9) - here I shamelessly will suggest You to perhaps take a look on (my) drawings of these (see (2) below), where also instead of 3-pixel thick outline of the frame, I used simply darker shade of "fuselage" color.
It is also my sincere belief, that contour of the bottom part of the rear fuselage was (at least for the most part) a straight line (or at least a very gentle arc - same applies to these "ribs" on 49A and panel lines on 49C. (see (3) below).
The cooler/charger/? on 49C - considering it's shape, it could be arguably outlined in black (though I'd be against it personally) but definitely in much darker shade (to show that it's more than just another panel line) - and certainly the forward part of it must be outlined in black because it's standing out from the surface behind it ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/56388143@N06/19020641959 ) - I also have a feeling it was more vertically symmetrical (see (4) below).
Last but not least, there are some perfectly avoidable double-black lines (see (5) below).

[ img ]
Thanks for the help! really missed and messed up some details, I forgot. Also trying a different shade for my windows, should I keep these, I'll have this replaced by your style if it''s not good enough.(Btw, marks and liveries are coming soon, IRL and AU)
[ img ]

Sent 'em running to the huts!"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 12th, 2019, 8:47 am
No problem.
Much better now. One thing, though - for S-49A I think that Yak-3 front windscreen would be more fitting (with "less metal frame", so to speak):

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 16th, 2019, 2:14 am
[ img ]
Germany, Messerschmitt Bf 163
Messerschmitt's STOL attempt.

[ img ]
France, Breguet 163 AB.2
Chubby, is it?

[ img ]
Italy, Savoia-Marchetti SM.93
Lie down.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 16th, 2019, 8:02 am
Very nice work and lovely additions.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 16Posted: October 19th, 2019, 9:26 am
Nice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 52  [ 513 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3052 »

Jump to: