Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
trexslee
Post subject: FD Megatransport AircraftPosted: September 18th, 2019, 10:46 pm
This is a thread about very large mega transport aircraft. Some of these planes can be wide enough for 20 abreast seating, or tall enough for 3 or even 4 decks. The smallest mega transports can be the size of the Airbus A380, the largest passenger aircraft flying today, while the largest mega transports can reach lengths and wingspans of 400 feet, MTOWs of about 2.2 million pounds, and 3 class capacity of 1000 passengers, or over 1400 for full economy layouts. Here are the rules. Rule 1, ignore the 80 meter square box but try not to go over the 400 foot mark. Rule 2, you can make your mega transport aircraft a conventional design, a blended wing body, a c-wing, or a double or triple fuselage design. Rule 3, feel free to base your mega transport off of real and conceptual designs or you can make one by using your own imagination. And finally Rule 4, take your time, and most importantly, have fun. So what do you guys think?

[Profile] [Quote]
td_07
Post subject: Re: FD Megatransport AircraftPosted: December 10th, 2021, 6:38 pm
This message might have come a few years late, but I'd nonetheless recommend you bring this up in the challenge discussion page, where it is possible to propose categories and parameters.

I found this challenge to be a very interesting one, so I wish you all the best in your endeavours :D

[Profile] [Quote]
trexslee
Post subject: Re: FD Megatransport AircraftPosted: December 10th, 2021, 9:42 pm
td_07 wrote: *
This message might have come a few years late, but I'd nonetheless recommend you bring this up in the challenge discussion page, where it is possible to propose categories and parameters.

I found this challenge to be a very interesting one, so I wish you all the best in your endeavours :D
Alright then, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for letting me know. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: