Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1951 »
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 18th, 2020, 7:23 pm
Nice work, Sprinklez!

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 18th, 2020, 8:27 pm
I bought a book on Chinese aircraft, which had better references to the Shanghai Y-10, so I did more more work on it to make it more presentable. Redid the shape of the front of the fuselage, and redid the flight deck windows, as well as updated the CAAC paint scheme to be more accurate as well.

CAAC Shanghai Y-10
[ img ]

I also continued working through my Eastern Airlines History, with more Eastern Express Aircraft.

Beechcraft 1900C Airliner
[ img ]

CASA C-212
[ img ]

Dornier Do 228-100
[ img ]

Fairchild Metroliner III
[ img ]

ATR-42
[ img ]

De Havilland Canada DHC-8-100
[ img ]

Work List:
Eastern Air Lines Fleet History
Around the world challenge
US Attack Aircraft History

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 19th, 2020, 10:09 am
The_Sprinklez
Nice work, though personally I'd make the line marking the bottom edge of the movable part of the canopy black, and I see some double black lines on the wingtips, which IMHO could be done "cleaner". Also, I think that in the main wheels there's too much rubber and too little of that central metal part (in other words - tires seem too thick to me - main wheel on the older drawing of Pulqui II we have in the archive, while showing 5th prototype in markings of some earlier ones, IMHO the main wheel has better looking ;) ), and finally I have a feeling that height of the nosewheel oleo differed between particular prototypes - or that some depictions (blueprints) may show the nosewheel fully extended when not under weight (in "in flight" position) and some in "on the ground" position and therefore contracted which could create confusion, but on photos, at least late prototypes, don't seem to me to be standing at such great angle.
(and generally, I believe that some of Your works could benefit if the shades - brighter/baseline/darker - were bit more contrasting, and if You adapt some dark shade to mark lines that while don't warrant use of black, but are clearly alteration of shape that should stand out more than just some panel line (like these teardrop-like shapes in front of cannon barrels).

Orionfield
You miss few black pixels where vertical stabilzer and fuselage meet, you have number of artifacts here and there, some heavy corners/double black lines. Also, I believe that the angle of the front-most part of windscreen should be at the same angle as that triangular cockpit window (don't know if it's exactly 45 degree, but looks close enough to me to assume it is). And finally the pillars between cockpit windows look horribly thick at 5 pixels (2 black, 3 internal) - normally 3 pixel-thickness (2 black, 1 internal) is perfectly fine and it doesn't seem to me that on Y-10 they were significantly thicker than on most of other contemporary airliners..

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 19th, 2020, 2:45 pm
@Eswube. Thanks! I'll get that fixed.

Edit: Okay, fixed the errors, and also redid the livery, because I didn't realize I used an older version of the file to make the first round of changes. Everything should be much better now.

Shanghai Y-10
[ img ]

Work List:

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 24th, 2020, 2:13 pm
J-Air Fleet History

BAe Jetstream 31 (1996 - 2003)

[ img ]

Bombardier CRJ-200ER (2000 - 2018)

[ img ]

Embraer E-Jet Family (2008 - on)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 24th, 2020, 5:05 pm
Excellent Work @UkraineBall!

Eastern Express Convair CV-600
[ img ]

Eastern Air Lines Douglas DST, DC-3, and C-47A
[ img ]

I saw a photo of this the other day and just couldn't help myself. Love this special scheme!
Cargolux Boeing 747-8F
[ img ]

Work List:

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 26th, 2020, 6:05 pm
@Orionfield
747... from tail to nose...
1) Flag - why it's edges are so ragged? And why stripes are of different of width? If a flag with correct amount of stripes would be too big, just reduce number of stripes (but in this case IMHO it's perfectly possible to fit them all, each of equal 2-pixel width). And that lion... (that looks bit like a bull seen 3/4 en face, standing on hind legs...) :shock:
2) Tail logo - why are the outlines so ragged again? And btw. this logo is symmetrical, so you could just draw a nice outline of half of it, copy it, invert that copied part and join them together, then superimpose that on the drawing of a plane. (right now left and right half don't match)
3) Shape of that blue stripe just above the horizontal stabilzer is just ugly. And the arc over the registration could be made nicer too.
4) LETTERING! Only letters that look ok are those in the "Luxembourg" above the nose gear door. And those in "Cargolux" and "Not without my mask" are just plain horrible. For example letter "o", if cut in four pieces, then each piece if appropriately inverted should match every other piece. Here there's nothing of it. And for example lettre "x" - don't know what graphics editor you use, but does it permit to draw a straight line from point A to point B?
General advice - sometimes you just have fill or remove single pixels one by one to make shapes smoother (for example if you have some name like this one - copied from somewhere and resized to appropriate size, it will be distorted, so needs to be corrected - MANUALLY)
5) Stars on EU flag - well... what I just wrote about letter "o"?
6) That lion below big "O" looks like some insect with big abdomen but no tail.
7) "Face mask". To begin with, the color difference between background and the white elements of mask are barely visible (well, practically not visible at all) - only that [ img ] would notice, that this plane isn't actually white, but light grey. And the mask actually has a darker outline.
And why in the first place there's such small contrast between "brighter" and "basic" shade of the airplanes mine color (that "white that should be grey") and so enormously huge contrast between "basic" and "darker" shade?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_L ... mbourg.svg

And also there are two small postscripts to DC-3 and Y-10. :roll:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=747+c ... 5&biw=1272

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 26th, 2020, 8:59 pm
Thanks, I'll get his fixed this week.

Work List:

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitoko
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 29th, 2020, 1:50 pm
After 10 years of absence

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: September 29th, 2020, 5:32 pm
@Mitoko Nice Helicopters! And welcome back to Shipbucket!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1951 »

Jump to: