Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 26th, 2010, 9:50 pm
Best of luck with school, and please check back in on us from time to time.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
moxica
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 1:47 am
Good luck Colo and please dont forget to return when you are finished!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 9:22 am
Those who fear that shipbucket will suffer when one of its most profilic member will step down I say, fear not!
Like Colloseum allready told, he hasen't been able to be active for shipbucket for sometimes, so basicly everything will remain as it has been...

Also, like I said in my first post, there is going to be some changes.
First of all I would like to set up an a proper moderation corps so that the actuall forum managment can be seperated from the shipbucket managment that Im trying to focus myself. Thats why we need few good man more to run the forum, spot out trouplemakers and spammers, and deal with issues that has in the past coused some upheaval.

In the past, the bannings from us administrators have almost torn down the community into different camps who rally behind one of us adm, to bash the other. I wish that will also be left behind and we can be cohesive as we use to be. Thats the main reason I want the moderators increase their power and presense, so that this sort of issues would be deald by someones more close to the average bucketeers, not by some Mount Olympos posse...

So if you guys have suggestions about the moderators (MihosihK was one in the old forum, and if you still want your post back, you will have it)
what they should do and who should be one, Speak out freely.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 9:53 am
the only thing I would say for the moderators : only people who draw should be mod. people like colombimike and timothyc shouldn't be ones (for people like them, I would like an 'advisor rank' or something, but that's something for you to decide.)

I hope with all this, there comes an end to the 'admin wars' and to sb members leaving the forum without ever posting their ships again.....

good luck with getting all this done ;)

Last edited by acelanceloet on November 27th, 2010, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 9:56 am
Colosseum.
Thank you for all the hard work put in setting up and maintaining this site.You will be missed.I wish you all the best for the future in both drawing and real life.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 12:34 pm
I have already sent my regrets to Colosseum; and, notwithstanding any diferences of opinion we had, I had (and still have) great respect for him as the person who was instrumental in getting the original Forum launched. He worked hard to keep it going, and it was a task that was not full appreciated. And I needn't add that the same goes for Gollevainen as the other Administrator.

I expect that Gollevainen will be talking with other senior members (myself included) about how we can ensure that what Colosseum put so much work into - the Forum, can continue and build on his efforts. This is not the time for specualtion, nor for name calling and any stupidity. I would expect any registered member stupid enough to attempt anything detrimental to the Forum to be removed permanently.

As a Moderator, I was involved in what resulted in Colosseums decision to reduce his involvement (and yes, we need him here as well); and what absolutely makes me livid is how various members have been stoking up trouble for both him and Gollevainen. The worst example of this was during the so called 'mutiny', when a member perjured himself by claiming that a senior member had also expressed disatisfaction with Gollevainen as an Administrator. I don't like lying; and at the time I considered it a mistake not dealing more dierctly with this person and other malcontents.

Lets be blunt: the Forum is the sum of its parts, and we need to encourage new members (and current ones) to develop their involvement. In many ways I'd rather not be a Moderator; it eats up a lot of time I'd rather enjoy drawing my ships; but if I'm asked to serve I will. But what I could not stand for is the constant bitching that has been charateristic of specific people. Certainly, give them a warning, but if its clear that they are wasting our time here then they should sling their hammocks and slope off to another ship. We don't have to be members who contribute drawings; for example, Colombamike and graham are valued for what they can contribute in advice and resources. Also, if folk want to comment on drawings that is what we expect. But what we don't need is a Forum that becomes a place to shoot the breeze and be a smart arse.

Comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 4:09 pm
Sorry to see you leave Colosseum, but I can very well understand there are more important things in life than shipbucket! All the best Ian!

[Profile] [Quote]
Praetonia
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 4:53 pm
In all seriousness, I do not believe that Gollevainen has a personality that is suitable for holding positions of authority.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 5:09 pm
Praetonia wrote:
In all seriousness, I do not believe that Gollevainen has a personality that is suitable for holding positions of authority.
I've just been elevated to Mod again. And I'm telling you right now, I'll be keeping an eye on you. You and any other members of the peanut gallery are NOT fit to comment on the goings-on of this board.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: My resignationPosted: November 27th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Quote:
Deal with it;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: