Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 19th, 2022, 9:00 am
Spain, Portugal and the United States of America announced new cases of Monkeypox, 2 weeks after the United Kingdom announced new monkeypox cases. Jennifer McQuiston from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed preparation to face monkeypox is underway. The WHO claimed that the end of mass vaccination for smallpox meant that the people under the age of 40 or 50 would not get protection from monkeypox, as smallpox vaccines have proven to be effective against monkeypox. If you are scared that you might get infected, I would assure you that staying home and implementing self-restraint could help you avoid this fate.

[Profile]
Corp
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 19th, 2022, 4:19 pm
Monkeypox isn't very contagious. Historically unless you found an infected person and poked their pus filled sores you'd be fine. This outbreak is like 50 people globally. The only real notable thing about it I've read is the observation that this strain *might* be able to be transmitted sexually but that's not a concern for anyone in this community.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 19th, 2022, 11:16 pm
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health, in Norway... call it unusual to even be in Europa. And that's about it, and mainly that medical personell to be aware. And basically it's nothing to worry about.

Well they are a bit more relaxed about it.

The only thing they are worried about, is if it can mutate (mainly you do not know what it will mutate to)

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 20th, 2022, 6:37 am
Yeah, ours also only treat it as "huh, unusual" but overall nothing above that. "Since monkeys are hard to find in Poland, you should be afraid of being bitten by rodents such as rats or squirrels. These, however, rarely come close to humans. Theoretically, it would be easier - as researchers point out - to get infected from a human infected with monkey pox. But then you would have to be extremely close to him, because monkey pox is much less contagious than chicken pox."

[Profile]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 22nd, 2022, 10:49 am
UPDATE: The World Health Organization claims to be expecting more cases of monkeypox globally, but since the virus is already known among health experts, unlike Coronavirus-19, and they have developed tools and strategies to combat it, the virus would be relatively easy to manage, however the trajectory is unknown and health experts remain cautious and vigilant of further developments.

[Profile]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 29th, 2022, 3:31 pm
The United Nations health body claims the outbreak of the virus in non-endemic countries can be achieved, via case investigation; isolation, and contact tracing measures. Therefore I recommend you should try to implement these measures yourself in line with these UN recommendations. Remember that the trajectory of the spread of the virus is unpredictable and whether we will end up in a pandemic or not is uncertain.

[Profile]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 29th, 2022, 6:47 pm
Ok; WTF is this doing In Shipbucket?

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 30th, 2022, 3:37 pm
I have the same question honestly, I'm not sure why we need a thread on this on the SB forum... technically there's no issue posting this in off topic but it just seems so irrelevant and pointless to create a thread on this here...

[Profile]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 31st, 2022, 9:55 am
Quote:
Ok; WTF is this doing In Shipbucket?
Quote:
I have the same question honestly, I'm not sure why we need a thread on this on the SB forum... technically there's no issue posting this in off topic but it just seems so irrelevant and pointless to create a thread on this here...
I my apologize for this, but I felt obliged to do so, since this is an emerging threat to humanity, and that prior warning is needed. I am keeping track to further reports, including reports of spread on cruise ships. I am also keeping track to the Ukraine thread to provide you all with new information regarding the war. I also want to keep you safe, another reason for posting this.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Monkeypox alertPosted: May 31st, 2022, 1:40 pm
Kangaeru Kitsune wrote: *
I my apologize for this, but I felt obliged to do so, since this is an emerging threat to humanity, and that prior warning is needed. I am keeping track to further reports, including reports of spread on cruise ships. I am also keeping track to the Ukraine thread to provide you all with new information regarding the war. I also want to keep you safe, another reason for posting this.
it's unnecessary for us, our Governments are keeping track on it and inform us what is going on. + all the media to.

The war in Ukraine, is OK

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: