Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 9:34 pm
swin_lad wrote:
Gollevainen wrote:
Quote:
but we also have to recognize the hole idea that Bezobrazov represent here: The possibility for those who have interest in having a personal shipbase of the complete serie of a certain type of vessel.
yeah...untill some geaser decides how nice it would do all of the Gearing class destroyers in same vane ;)
I volunteer :P ;) :D
You can also do the entire 'Flush deckers' class of WW1 (also known as 4 stackers).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 4th, 2011, 12:38 am
Thank you for belittling my efforts, Golly and Novice. As most informed people would know, neither the Gearings, Allen M. Sumners or Fletchers, or, for that matter, the Four-stackers, did differ in anything but minuscle detail, until wartime rebuilds, refits etc, made more substantial differences evident. If you think your coment, Novice, touched the fun side, please reconsider!

However, I feel that this effort was a wasted effort, and so shan't be repeated. For Golly et al. Do you wonder if this site is slowly decaying, then take an earnest look in your face and think more carefully about your comments! I'm about to withdraw this thread entirely!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 4th, 2011, 7:32 am
Ok, time out, shall we?
What is this whining of giving bad critisism when infact we see rather infantile reaction to normal opinion presented?

I am not banning nor forbidding you to post these sort of threads here in the forum. The idea of having a forum in first place instead of just the mainsite is to have these sort of things going on.
All Im saying that I wont upload every single member of a large class of ships into a mainsite. Simply becouse its unnessary in what comes to actuall shipbucket drawings (take out the pennant and these new crest and you figure this out of yourselves) and also becouse the uploading itself isen't just flick and click something in 1.5 minutes...

Also, Im personally also bid "fed up" to hearing out when ever the staff needs to break in some bad or unpleasent things to public, the inner drama-queen's of everyone steps in and starts crying out of the decay of the bucket. Its not the case. You guys should remember that shipbucket functions around certain set of principles and rules to make it effective to manage such large thing inside a large community. You cant just go wildly aboard the set standard and bend things into unmanagable mess and then take that shot to your heartvane when someone comes to say: "sorry but its not feasible to do"

I think we are all mature enough to be above such, preseting opinions of various efforts is allowed in this bucket, to both members and staff. and certainly I refuse to believe that this thing would be something worth of withdrawing from the whole bucket ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 4th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Quote:
Thank you for belittling my efforts, Golly and Novice. As most informed people would know, neither the Gearings, Allen M. Sumners or Fletchers, or, for that matter, the Four-stackers, did differ in anything but minuscle detail, until wartime rebuilds, refits etc, made more substantial differences evident. If you think your coment, Novice, touched the fun side, please reconsider!

However, I feel that this effort was a wasted effort, and so shan't be repeated. For Golly et al. Do you wonder if this site is slowly decaying, then take an earnest look in your face and think more carefully about your comments! I'm about to withdraw this thread entirely!
bezobrazov, you are a very competent artist and I enjoy seeing your work; but you are out of order here; my advice is to back off. We don't need more of the attitude that challenges Gollevainens competence and makes ill-judged allegations about the Forum: I just smelt it and I detected nothing unpleasant apart from your attitude.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 4th, 2011, 9:43 pm
bezobrazov wrote:

My dear bezobrazov my remark was not intended to belittle your effort. It was not directed at you or your drawings. I find your work remarkable, and worthy. I was just commenting on the idea of doing whole ships of a certain class, which I found to be somewhat senseless. It is like taking the Liberty type of merchant ships (EC-2-S type, 2,700 of which were built), and doing each and every one of them. As you so rightly said about the Gearing class, or the 'Flush-deckers', all were so alike like peas in a pod, and it is senseless to do every one. On the other hand the Type 22 frigates had variations, especially between the different batches, but also in the same batch, and so I think your efforts were not a waste of time. I think that Golly as administrator is also right, when he said he is not going to upload each and every one. One from each batch is quite enough, maybe also if a certain ship was drastically re-built.
So to cap it all, I'm sorry if you were offended, as it was not my intention. I hope you will find it easy to accept this apology.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 4th, 2011, 10:49 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
certainly I refuse to believe that this thing would be something worth of withdrawing from the whole bucket ;)
You may refuse to believe it, but many otherwise good artists already have chosen to do so. My own interest has waned significantly due to much the same reasons bezobrazov identified - I don't have much time to draw, and being belittled (not critiqued - belittled) for what I did draw doesn't really encourage me to spend my scant spare time doing any more. I have come to associate this attitude so closely with THIS forum that I've dubbed it "the Shipbucket Attitude."

Personally, I think the Shipbucket Attitude's almost inevitable: artsy people are naturally inclined to be judgmental on Everyone Else's work, and equally inclined to take offense when their own proud work receives the scathing lash of other artists. Of course, there are a few contributors here who both take criticism well and offer fair but polite criticism. They are sadly few in number and their contributions are outweighed by those with the Shipbucket Attitude.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 4th, 2011, 11:17 pm
I'm glad I rarely come here anymore.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 12:27 am
To Novice: Yes, I find it very easy and much heartfelt to accept your sincere apology. You have proven yourself a truly worthy gentleman, and I appreciate that very much. Thank you!

Dear Brock, always the Noble Knight! Thank you for standing up for the principle. Your words were well spoken and most articulate, and you know fully well were I stand.

For Gollevainen. You said enough. I'm not sure you understood all my grievances. But enough has been said, I agree there.

For Portsmouth Bill: I read and hear you. I do not agree, but will abide. I shall take a very long time-out...no more disturbing nuisance from me. I have better things to apply myself to.

For Colosseum: I begin to understand your motives...

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 6:35 am
To Bezobrasov: Critisism seems to be two-way dance indeed. To give it properly tends to take some effort (and since the beginign of the forum, we have learned to do so in most constructive ways, and at some level we are still learning to do so.)

However, recieving that critisim tends to be even more difficould, like in this incase. Actualy in here we even bearly reached point of critisism (as the orginal feed back to these drawings were made with superlatives in their orginal thread). But instead some of us expressed their obinions of the entire feasibility of the task, in both realms of reasoning and practical feasibility.

So Bezo, I ask you two questions and I hope you answer to them in both here and in your heart to see how big storm in tea cup you are making.

1. When you decided to go on doing something that isen't standard way of doing things in this bucket, did You expect that only becouse you thuough it would be a good idea would automatically make it something that would happen?

2. When others were to express their opinions about, did you honestly expect that 100% of them would agree and you would drive your motivation towards this whole thing completely out from them? How do you feel you should have been critised or differing opinions should have been presented in order not to make you feel like making this depature?

But in the end, I also apoligize If I took my responses as an insult, they were never intended us such, even more so if it leads into you going away from the bucket.
In future, just PM us or openly ask about the marching order in this sort of things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To BrockPaine:

How Im not suprised to see you posting here over this matter? Not really you first time you go rather wildely speaking of how hordes of artist are leaving the Bucket? Infact weren't it you who created that sockpuppet during the munity and among other things falsely claimed that certain old school members were leaving us?

More drawing, and less mouth lashing in future shall we?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Colloseum

sad to see you dwilling down to a trolling

[Profile] [Quote]
rickdog
Post subject: Re: In Memoriam: The Ultimate Type22 AlbumPosted: May 5th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
All Im saying that I wont upload every single member of a large class of ships into a mainsite. Simply becouse its unnessary in what comes to actuall shipbucket drawings (take out the pennant and these new crest and you figure this out of yourselves) and also becouse the uploading itself isen't just flick and click something in 1.5 minutes...

You guys should remember that shipbucket functions around certain set of principles and rules to make it effective to manage such large thing inside a large community. You cant just go wildly aboard the set standard and bend things into unmanagable mess and then take that shot to your heartvane when someone comes to say: "sorry but its not feasible to do"
Yeah right, so why don`t you limit yourself to say it in the correct place in the first place. That is, the uploading forum and not here.

With your attitude of simply coming in, into any topic, and spitting your, suposed administrator stuff, you get exactly the kind of reactions that you say you don`t want to enhance. Bezobrazov has been very clear from the begining, as he is doing this work for the joy of it and eagerly to get the feedback from others in order to get a job well done. He has never asked you to upload anything of it, but you take the whole topic as it is meant for upload, so it is you the one who is out of place here in the first place. If you would have waited to see this stuff in the upload forum, then you would probably be right, but this is not the case here, and really has never been.
Gollevainen wrote:
I think we are all mature enough to be above such, preseting opinions of various efforts is allowed in this bucket, to both members and staff. and certainly I refuse to believe that this thing would be something worth of withdrawing from the whole bucket ;)
Not being a psichologist myself, I can humbly tell you that sensitivities of people are very diverse, as the colors of the rainbow, my friend. :)
You can`t expect that everyone will respond in the same way, as you do.

As a side note, what has maturity have anything to do, with what is discussed here ? :?
It's simply your opinion here of how to act given the circumstances, in regards to the ones of others, which can be completely diferent than yours.
;)
Golle[b][u]b[/u][/b]ainen wrote:
To Bezobrasov ( :P ): Critisism seems to be two-way dance indeed. To give it properly tends to take some effort (and since the beginign of the forum, we have learned to do so in most constructive ways, and at some level we are still learning to do so.)
Wow, I love dancing too (off-topic commentary, :P ), but beautifully well said. ;)
Gollevainen wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
I'm glad I rarely come here anymore.
To Colloseum

sad to see you dwilling down to a trolling
What I get out of this "jewel" : whatever you say that is disliked by someone in the administrator staff, then it is "trolling", :lol:

Better to limit myself to "lurking" only, otherwise I`ll end up be called as a "troll" too
:mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: