Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: October 23rd, 2011, 5:58 pm
I do a bit of writing, listening music, (trying to) play guitar, a little bit of gaming, painting a bit, studying on warships and sailing ships and of course always designing things, especially ships and aircraft ;)
lot's of reading, partying and some running and cycling are in program as well :P
most of this stuff is a bit cut short because of the time I have to spend on my shipbuilding education though.

[Profile] [Quote]
DigitalShipyard
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: October 24th, 2011, 1:20 pm
Three young boys in the house can make hobbies a bit difficult at times but when I can, I have enjoyed scratch building ship models, working in my woodshop - always something that needs building or fixing around the house, photography, reading, and for a little venting I have enjoyed making a hellacious racket playing the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games, feeding that "inner rock star" thing 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: October 24th, 2011, 3:11 pm
Never got into rock band or GH...mostly cuz I suck at them unless I'm drinking..I'm more an FPS guy

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: October 24th, 2011, 4:15 pm
The weather was so nice today that my stepfather (Commander) invited me out for a trip with some boys today. It was fun, 55 + knots in a Coastal Corvette. But I was not allowed to take pictures, you know ... top secret nonsens! :shock:

First, you are in Bergen (a city on the west coast) suddenly about 1 hour and 40 minutes later, you are in Stavanger (another city on the west coast) it is about. 150km! bought me a new pair of shoes and traveled back. :D :mrgreen:

"If I was to pai for the fuel they used, the shoes would have been f *** expensive!"

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: October 24th, 2011, 6:21 pm
No children to watch ;-)
> then travel length and breadth in Europe.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: October 26th, 2011, 9:01 am
educating two daughters 12/14
doing housework (blast walls, rebuild them, renew roof, etc)
play old strategy games with my wife + having no sex after winning again
medieval reenactment
classic sword fighting
classic archery

[Profile] [Quote]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: November 7th, 2011, 5:27 am
Let's see... fencing, horse riding and military history are the three biggies. Given recent experiances while on holiday in Vanuatu I'd be tempted to add Scuba diving to the list... but too bloody cold down here in Tasmania.
TimothyC wrote:
I'm an engineering student. What are hobbies?
Means of killing time outside class... sort of like drinking but with less ethanol.
:twisted:
Paul Carl wrote:
I am an amateur oceanographer
Bang on halfway through my PhD in oceanography.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: November 8th, 2011, 12:36 am
Most 20th century military history topics
Facebooking
Student
And a once avid plastic model builder. It got expensive to do and when I found Shipbucket, I found the cheapest, most enjoyable hobby yet. In fact, most of the things in my AU and personal drawings spawned as ideas for actual ship models I wanted to build.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: November 8th, 2011, 3:20 am
Chris Roach wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
I'm an engineering student. What are hobbies?
Means of killing time outside class... sort of like drinking but with less ethanol.
:twisted:
You can do that? :geek: (I prefer Woodchuck's Fall Cider myself)

[Profile] [Quote]
Dreadnaught
Post subject: Re: What other hobbies do you people have?Posted: November 8th, 2011, 8:17 am
Build model warships, planes and tanks. PC LAN gaming. History and current events stuff.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: