Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 45 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page « 141 42 43 44 45
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: June 19th, 2016, 4:39 pm
@ KonPtol: the Mk 41 in place of the Mk 29 seems an horrible idea. you will have to cut an hole in an structural deck, on top of which are spaces already used which have to be fitted somewhere else. (officers mess or cabin IIRC.) in addition, is the sonar of the Kortenaer class not designed for use with ASROC, so the ship might not even make good use of the ASROC missiles.
why on earth would you first remove the 76 mm forward and then still have one aft? in addition, I have doubts about the weight of both an Mk 45 gun and Mk 41 VLS forward.

all in all, these ideas seem hardly worth it, compared with an Mk 48 launcher aft.

@odysseus1980: the hangar of the S frigate is already slightly asymetrical, so the Mk 48 would preferably be fitted only one one side, like on the M frigates. this is also what was done on the proposed version for the UAE

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: June 20th, 2016, 5:05 am
acelanceloet wrote:
@odysseus1980: the hangar of the S frigate is already slightly asymetrical, so the Mk 48 would preferably be fitted only one one side, like on the M frigates. this is also what was done on the proposed version for the UAE
I look at a photo of an S frigate shown F 451 Limnos directly from stern and noticed that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 45 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 141 42 43 44 45

Jump to: