Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 44 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page « 141 42 43 44 45 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: March 6th, 2016, 3:57 pm
Another thoughts:

-Mk48 VLS front (position of Mk29) instead of hangar and twin Phalanx at sides
-Twin Plananx and the automatic reloader from L-Class (how many missiles did it hold?)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: March 6th, 2016, 4:08 pm
it was not an automatic reloader, it was some additional storage in front of the bridge. the S frigate has one layer, the L has 3 layers (but sacrifices the gun for this weight)
you could also just keep the aft goalkeeper, one is considered enough by the dutch navy (the only frigate we have with 2 goalkeepers is one of the LCF's) so why not by hellas? the arc you have on the L frigate is about the best possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: March 7th, 2016, 6:28 am
Could the Mk48 VLS fitted front, replacing the Mk29 in MLU? I am thinking these "S-class" as Elli Class (2+4).

Of course in MLU the Goalkeeper could replace the rear 76mm and Phalanx removed also.

I know that M-Class had Signaal PHS36 bow sonar (right?). Any idea of VDS?

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: March 7th, 2016, 1:05 pm
Hi Odysseus as your AU navy i will be using the S-classe to for my AU navy . Like you i have been thinking of using VLS launchers to replacecing the Mk29 to . But wen i was looking for more information abouth the S-class i came up with a drawing of the German version and noticed that the way i wanted to do it was not possible as there are cabins for officers in that place. So i wil be using the way as in the M-class and on the UEA ships on the side of the hangar.

[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: March 7th, 2016, 1:32 pm
Nice post! I suppose Dutch version is same with German (ace perhaps knows better). However, a light RWS could be fitted front in that case (e.g MLG-27, Typhoon etc) to deal with assymetric threats.

The S/L/M goes to a more realistic Hellenic AU based on reality, titled "What real Hellas should have done". The more ambitious Hellenic AU has different ships (those I have posted in my older AU). I am a fan of S-Class frigate (love her lines).

The 76mm you have on your ships is the US Mk75. Normally these ships have the Italian version.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 29th, 2016, 10:28 am
Finally, if Turkey launches a frigate with 127mm gun, probably this would create problems. Can the M-Class receive US Mk45 gun instead of the 76mm?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: April 29th, 2016, 10:38 am
compare the weight and the size, and find out that answer yourself ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: June 18th, 2016, 11:58 pm
-Remove front 76mm OTO Melara gun and replace it with a Mk.45 gun

-Remove Mk29 launcher and place 8-cell Mk.41 VLS-typical load 4X4 RIM-162 ESSM and 4 ASROC VL

-Place a 76mm OTO Melara STRALES gun up to the helicopter hangar

-Place 2 Phalanx CIWS right and left

-Upgrade RGM-84 Harpoon to Block II level.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: June 19th, 2016, 5:46 am
All these for M-Class?

In this scenario, Hellas bought 2 S-Class frigates in 1981 and built 4 additional units under license plus 2 L-Class (1982-1990). Then ordered 2+4 M-Class (2 Dutch built and 4 under license) and aquired for offsets 4 additional S-Class. Later Hellas purchased also the 2 Dutch L-Class and 4 more S for spares. Total number of operational ships is : 10 S-Class, 4 L-CLass and 6 M-Class. These create a strong fleet of 20 frigates. Hellenic M-Class were identical with Dutch except that a Mk.45 replaced the OTO Melara.

This is the upgarded real Elli Class:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3Zvqq4rm8UE/ ... h%2BII.jpg

-The Mk29 can be modified for ESSM and the Mk48 can take 2 ESSM per cell.
-The Mk.41 would intrude to hangar and it is heavy also.
-STRALES is also much more expensive for modernization of OTO Melaras to 100 rpm or to Super Rapido (120prm)

-My program would be for all 10 operational S-Class (6 Elli Class and 4 ex-Dutch units)

-In above modernization I would remove the Mk29 and fit 8 cell MK48 mod1 in both sides of hangar for better balance.
-SSM would be Harpoon Block II or even Exocet MM40 Block 3
-If you look carefully above link, Elli Class has already double Phalanx. These would be upgraded to Block 1B spec (second phase of program)
-An MLG-27 would be placed front in the position of Mk29, giving ships the capability of dealing with assymetric threats. M-Class would also receive it.

In my Hellenic Kingdom AU, Navy use domestic developed ships which I will post there. I asked these because my country has S-Class frigates, which are also my favorit Western frigate-just love her lines, thats all.

[Profile] [Quote]
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: June 19th, 2016, 3:43 pm
I was talking about S-Class.Only Batch 1 has 2 Phalanx CIWS,i can't see why Mk.41 can't fit in position of Mk.29,STRALES is the new genaration of OTO Melara capable of firing DART munitions.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 44 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 141 42 43 44 45 »

Jump to: