Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 35 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3745 »
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 5th, 2015, 9:26 pm
If you're willing to advance the timeframe a bit, you could use the Embraer KC-390.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 5th, 2015, 9:34 pm
This is a C-130 replacement. My needs are for an aircraft in 8-10 tn load, not in 20 tn.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 5th, 2015, 9:36 pm
JSB wrote:
Why not just go for C130Js if your AU budget will cope ? or an updated AU C160J ?
Sometimes you might want something smaller than a Herc ;)

Seeing as you don't have AE2100s I'd dissuade myself from recommending the C-27J, unless you fancy re-engining the design and the extra costs that entails... Then again assuming you haven't changed too much stuff on your C-130Js commonality should be enough to justify the extra costs of the new engines.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 5th, 2015, 9:48 pm
My goverment and RHAF mostly is very sceptical of introducing US aircraft again, due to US limitations. We have faced it in the past.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 5th, 2015, 10:24 pm
The C-27 isn't an all American aircraft in theory remember but if you're that sceptical about induction of C-27s why is there even a competition, your only real contenders are the CASAs and C-27Js in this field as it is, discounting both of them pretty much leaves you with *only* An-74s...

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 6th, 2015, 1:15 am
You could also go for An-32, though its payload is a little bit less than what your looking for.
But I agree with the others the C-27J and C-295 are your best bets. They are both very versatile and neither should suffer much from US limitations.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 6th, 2015, 4:22 am
The problem with CASA in my scenario is that AU Turkey has both types (CN-235/C-295). In internal volume, the An-32 is smaller than An-74. Indeed market offers little choices.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 6th, 2015, 8:46 am
Why does it matter what Turkey have? You're buying them from Spain, not Turkey. Heck as a fellow member of the EU that might even give you the clout to cut off spares supply to Turkey if things turns nasty.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 6th, 2015, 9:28 am
Real life example: both Israel and Saudi Arabia use the F-15 Eagle. As long as Spain is willing to sell them to you and provide service and support, there will be no problems.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some questions about Ships and WeaponsPosted: January 6th, 2015, 10:27 am
Thiel wrote:
Why does it matter what Turkey have? You're buying them from Spain, not Turkey. Heck as a fellow member of the EU that might even give you the clout to cut off spares supply to Turkey if things turns nasty.
HLK is member of European Union, but like UK did not sign Maastrict treaty and retain its currency. With a few words, HLK still remains an EEC member, not a full EU member. The C-295 is more closer to F27 conserning my mission profile.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 35 of 45  [ 442 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3745 »

Jump to: