Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1317 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: November 27th, 2013, 2:50 am
Zephyr wrote:
The constant hate of AU drawings by some, seemingly directed at those of us who like to concentrate on that, is really starting to get on my nerves. I enjoy drawing ships. I enjoy trying to expand my imagination by seeing what I can come up with that is also realistic and plausible. No, I don't do hyper-detailed drawings of real and/or historical ships. That does not qualify those of us who enjoy concentrating on our AU worlds as pariahs, 2nd class citizens, or handy objects of scorn and derision.
So, yes, I understand what you're saying and generally agree with Gollevainen when he says that people are way too negative on this site. This also feels like a swipe at me for my recent comments in the Nihon Kaigun thread.

Always remember this, though: kitbashing is and always should be SECONDARY to what we are doing here. Sure, the AUs and stuff have always existed side-by-side with the real designs, but they are NOT the focus of the site. Remember that you are basically just taking work that others have slaved over and reconfiguring it and then slapping your name on it. That's a bit irritating to those of us who have spent all this time making an incredibly detailed and well-researched drawing. The reason I originally commented on emperor_andreas' thread is because he had kitbashed a few of the ships I had worked very hard on. When he then says "I can refer you to my signature", which basically tells me to "fuck off", that makes me just a bit angry...

Hopefully you understand this as I have never had a problem with you specifically in the past, nor have I ever had one with emperor_andreas until the recent comments in the Nihon Kaigun thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: November 27th, 2013, 4:52 am
The vast majority of my ships are my own design. Any that use parts from others have been done so with their permission first and my explaining to them what modifications I intended to make. But, if you look at my primary warships, I doubt you could pick a kitbash of a RW ship in there anywhere. And no, my comment was not directed at you or any other person in particular, but as a general comment on what I perceive to be the 2nd class status of those of us who do enjoy doing our own designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: November 27th, 2013, 5:59 am
OK, well my comment was not directed towards those who draw their own stuff but rather towards kitbashers - so it seems we both misunderstood each other. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 3:11 pm
rant to my self.

why Henrik Why did'n you save that awesome drawing, you ****************. or shall I more say why electricity, why did you have to go!

BTW. offtopic. that US-NATO-Norwegian frigate colombamike posted in an another topic.... can't find it and I need it!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: April 25th, 2014, 2:09 pm
**** kitchen spam!

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: April 25th, 2014, 4:04 pm
Don't you want a quality kitchen from a showroom near you? :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: April 25th, 2014, 6:02 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Don't you want a quality kitchen from a showroom near you? :lol:
I live in Norway and work in an furniture company, so I can make my self an high quality 5000-50000¤ kitchen one any CNC-machine at work. so yeah....

but a quality box of vacuum...

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: May 1st, 2014, 4:00 pm
Rant on.

I'm getting tired of people posting great (sometimes incredible; see Colo's North Carolina thread for evidence of this degree of artistry) drawings and then Colombamike is one of the very first to come in and literally nitpick them apart. Other times he's done nothing but ask for more drawings. While there is absolutely no question he does contribute a great amount of reference material and drawing resources to this forum (for which the majority of us - myself included - I'm sure are quite thankful), to my knowledge he's never produced a single drawing of his own, kitbash or otherwise. (If I'm wrong on this, I stand corrected.) When he starts producing drawings himself, then I'll allow him to criticize my drawings / kitbashes and the AU I'm currently working on.

*Deep cleansing breath* Ok, rant over.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
LBraden
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: May 1st, 2014, 4:29 pm
Only rant I have is that I keep thinking "lets go and do this ship" ... and a quick search shows it's already been done, so I am spending ages trying to find ships that are NOT done, the problem is, most of the ships I like / know are already done, and the ones that I can find very little info of (normally one really really really bad drawing) would take too long for me to get right, and it's the feeling that I would be spending too long trying to get it looking acceptable that I feel I would just be yelled at by those here who want to nitpick on everything rather than get a "good work".

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: May 1st, 2014, 4:50 pm
Trrust me, we have many thousands of ships to go, possibly a few dozen thousand at the least

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1317 »

Jump to: