Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 17 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 10:59 am
Spam spam spam spam spam with spam
spam spam spam with bread and spam

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 12:40 pm
:lol: Let's get every member on the bucket to send an email to all these kitchen twats, with links to countless obscene sites and spam the crap out of them for a change......... :lol:

On a side note why is it always kitchens........f I want a sodding kitchen I'll get one from my work.....

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 2:24 pm
If I want a kitchen, I just make an program to one of our CNC machines here at work, and make it my self... Ekornes style.

Shippy2013 where do you work. I am working at Ekornes as industrial carpenter, with specialty in CNC-machines. But have expertise in all operation at work.

here something from an apprentice project I am doing: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4712_n.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 2:25 pm
yra, there's spam around. Its ever constant proplem for forums that allow registration without someone prechecking each new member around.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 22nd, 2014, 2:49 pm
Heuhen, I work for AGA, we make Mainly Cooking equipment but we own several other companies that not only produce cooking and cookery equipment but high end kitchens and alike.

[Profile] [Quote]
LBraden
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 23rd, 2014, 9:28 pm
Okay, this spam is getting absurd, and there are multiple ways of doing this, and I going to post a logical one, but it does mean a bit more work for admins:

Another design forum I go to has instituted a rule were new members are in a "trial" group, they are in that for the length of their first 10 posts, and the post can't show up without moderator approval.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 24th, 2014, 12:18 am
LBraden wrote:
Okay, this spam is getting absurd, and there are multiple ways of doing this, and I going to post a logical one, but it does mean a bit more work for admins:

Another design forum I go to has instituted a rule were new members are in a "trial" group, they are in that for the length of their first 10 posts, and the post can't show up without moderator approval.

Normal members can give that approval, the admin/moderators can have a chosen few members that they trust to act as an human firewall... thus you can have more people letting through real people, thus if admin or moderator take a longer "holiday" there will always be someone letting new member trough, it also will slow down the waiting time for an new member (not like secretprojects, where you have to wait two months before the admin over there realizes this is an new member after you have almost spammed there mail account about how slow they are!!)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 24th, 2014, 8:14 am
There is alot easier ways to prevent the spammers to join the forum. In fact its far easier to just delete the spammers than go trough every newbies posts and approve them.

I've changed the questions which are asked from each new members to be bit more spesific for the forum, e.g some general questions about warships. They are very easy ones for us who come here to draw ships but might not be for those who come here to sell kitchen designs;)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: August 25th, 2014, 8:13 pm
heuhen wrote:
Spam spam spam spam spam with spam
spam spam spam with bread and spam
Be quiet you silly Viking :lol:

Last edited by David Latuch on July 20th, 2015, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: September 12th, 2014, 3:06 am
Not a really a rant, but I was wondering why the Royal Falcon Fleet 135 yacht I drew a few years ago no longer shows up in the archive under Real Designs, Sweden.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 17 »

Jump to: