Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1217 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 4:24 am
It's quite annoying but neither are explicitly against the rules... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 4:50 am
Sadly, you are correct. Just hope people take that on board and I know more than 90% do I suppose

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 6:19 pm
Whole heartedly agree with you Rodondo. For my part I just ignore those who request only, and those who just do the AU are ignored by me as well. I came here to draw ships and that's exactly what I do.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 6:29 pm
Considering how many real/never were ships there are left :shock:

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: September 9th, 2013, 4:42 am
If Timothy want me to rant in an treat that I originally started in the first place....

Hold for your ears and blindfold you'd eays. :lol:

but seriuse... Eh what...

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: September 14th, 2013, 3:20 pm
I have no problem with requests from other artists cos they contribute something. I don't think taking commisions works cos you are just doing it for the money. With no real passion involved for the subject you are bound to get a pretty substandard result. Just my two bob's worth. :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: October 22nd, 2013, 8:33 pm
Just an warning boys. If I have to with two years before someone answer my question in the part-sheet. I will go totally Viking. And I know "Golly" will not like that!

So come on use you finger and use it as an member of Shipbucket. You are here as an member at Shipbucket to draw as good as you can. and to become as good as you can, you need help from other. Yes I am the master of drawing details in any direction, yes I am an drawing GOD. But even god need help....

And if you boys want to have the pest parts around, with as good details as possible, then I suggest you comment every time there is coming an post in the part's forum. For If you come a month later and draw a ship that have these guns, and say that the gun is wrong.... Oh god help you. for I am going to rage then. and just tell you: "That you had you'r chance back then now, stick to it"

And as always in my normal, every time I rant I will always say this word: FUCK!

"I think I'm done... got of some steam. now see what next part to draw, ah yea, that 305mm mortar.."

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 1:55 pm
heuhen wrote:
Just an warning boys. If I have to with two years before someone answer my question in the part-sheet. I will go totally Viking. And I know "Golly" will not like that!

So come on use you finger and use it as an member of Shipbucket. You are here as an member at Shipbucket to draw as good as you can. and to become as good as you can, you need help from other. Yes I am the master of drawing details in any direction, yes I am an drawing GOD. But even god need help....

And if you boys want to have the pest parts around, with as good details as possible, then I suggest you comment every time there is coming an post in the part's forum. For If you come a month later and draw a ship that have these guns, and say that the gun is wrong.... Oh god help you. for I am going to rage then. and just tell you: "That you had you'r chance back then now, stick to it"

And as always in my normal, every time I rant I will always say this word: FUCK!

"I think I'm done... got of some steam. now see what next part to draw, ah yea, that 305mm mortar.."
wut?

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: November 17th, 2013, 6:10 am
The constant hate of AU drawings by some, seemingly directed at those of us who like to concentrate on that, is really starting to get on my nerves. I enjoy drawing ships. I enjoy trying to expand my imagination by seeing what I can come up with that is also realistic and plausible. No, I don't do hyper-detailed drawings of real and/or historical ships. That does not qualify those of us who enjoy concentrating on our AU worlds as pariahs, 2nd class citizens, or handy objects of scorn and derision.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: November 17th, 2013, 8:55 am
I've noticed this type of atmosphere as well...and generally that people seems to be too eager to express their dislike of stuff rather than liking it. I for example tend to just buntly ignore stuff that doesen't raise my intresses, since going out and post it in the face of the artist is not going to cause anything but bad feelings. I hope others would do the same.
AU's have always co-existed in SB, even from the mythical early years. They've always been roughly divided into either kitbashing or recoloring OTL ships into imaginary colors or drawing completely self designed ships from scratch. Both ways can produce really good and nice AU scenarios to others pleasement.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1217 »

Jump to: