Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 23  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1823 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: March 29th, 2015, 9:48 pm
cool, thanks mate

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 25th, 2015, 7:37 pm
I'm on forced vacation for an unknown time. Apparently my PC decided to make me an early birthday present: yesterday it worked perfectly, today it even refuses to start.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 25th, 2015, 8:55 pm
BB1987 wrote:
I'm on forced vacation for an unknown time. Apparently my PC decided to make me an early birthday present: yesterday it worked perfectly, today it even refuses to start.
When you push the power button:

- does it come any light...
- does the fans inside the computer start, but then stop?
- Is the computer bought in store or home-build.

And one of those famous standard question: "there is a on/off button on the power supply, behind the computer, is it on or off?"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 25th, 2015, 9:59 pm
Sorry to hear about Your computer problems. Hopefully they will be solved soon!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 26th, 2015, 8:48 am
heuhen wrote:
And one of those famous standard question: "there is a on/off button on the power supply, behind the computer, is it on or off?"
It is obviously on :P
heuhen wrote:
When you push the power button:

- does it come any light...
- does the fans inside the computer start, but then stop?
- Is the computer bought in store or home-build.
The fans are not a problem, they start and turn with no problems at all.
Technically, I do not push the power button, the PC tries to start on it's own but fails immediately (I do not even get the "choose operating system" screen, since I have both Ubuntu and Windows). Then if i force it to shut itself down the power button becomes useless.

I suspect it might be a power unit problem....

Ah, right, the PC is store-bought with some home-additions, but has worked perfectly for more than 6 years (possibly even 8, I cannot remember), the only main issue I had was a browser hijacker thing thet I solved with no problems in a bunch of days.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 26th, 2015, 9:12 am
hm. there can be so many things. The problem I had with my computer is that the motherboard had got a little bend in it, and computers doesn't start if the motherboard is bending. I fixed that with adjusting the screws holding the motherboard. But my fans started when I tried to turn on the computer, but the computer it self didn't start.

you can try removing hardware from here, so there is only basic thing left in here, and try to start here up.
you can also check if all cable connection in here are sitting as they should.

It can be you'r motherboard that is the problem. But I remember that my old computer, when I turned that on every worked fine except the black screen, it was the CPU that was... destroyed.

If you use an graphic card for you'r screen, connect you'r screen to the motherboard instead. If that works, it might be that you graphic card have a problem.

But as said, it can be so many things, and it is most likely an hardware problem. you can that out with removing almost every thing, and put them in again, one at the time, after every time you try to start you'r computer.

But we have to consider the age of you'r computer. Have you cleaned it on the inside, Dust is an killer for an computer.

But at least you haven't lost you'r data, they are stored on the hard-drive, so that one you just need to plug in to a new computer.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 26th, 2015, 3:21 pm
Well, the power unit does a strange fatigue-like noise it didn't make before, so I still suspect the fault lies there.

Motherboard is not bend, cable connections are ok, I had tried some of your tricks already. I also clean the PC quite often, keyboard every day,everything on the oustside weekly, once a month a I do a more through cleaning on the inside, then a bunch of times each year I literaly open it completely, cleaning as deep as I can go.

And yes, obviosly, 90% of all my files (and a sound 300% of my Shipbucket stuff, which means the originals and a double backup,all stored separatel) are on external hard-drives. The only issue is that my parents PC (which i'm stealing rightnow) has only 150MB of free memory and no drawing tools of any sort :lol:

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 26th, 2015, 3:30 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Well, the power unit does a strange fatigue-like noise it didn't make before, so I still suspect the fault lies there.

Motherboard is not bend, cable connections are ok, I had tried some of your tricks already. I also clean the PC quite often, keyboard every day,everything on the oustside weekly, once a month a I do a more through cleaning on the inside, then a bunch of times each year I literaly open it completely, cleaning as deep as I can go.

And yes, obviosly, 90% of all my files (and a sound 300% of my Shipbucket stuff, which means the originals and a double backup,all stored separatel) are on external hard-drives. The only issue is that my parents PC (which i'm stealing rightnow) has only 150MB of free memory and no drawing tools of any sort :lol:
yeah might be the power unit. There is one way to test that out... try an another power unit.

When I come to think about it, you'r is bought in a store, then you added some more "toys" on it, that need more "power" and it's 8'ish year old...

For you'r mother computer, just add some new RAM in it, you can get some nice cheap ones that will turn that old computer from 3 to 11...

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: May 1st, 2015, 3:08 am
Hey everybody, I have some bad news. My laptop is almost 4 years old and it is starting to show it's age. Today, though, it finally started to cough and sputter which tells me its end is near. So, as a precaution (as I know it's bound to happen soon) I am backing up my information and researching/looking for a new laptop with Windows 8 and a touch screen (which I imagine will make it fun to draw!).

So, due to recent events, I am forced to take a vacation from drawing and playing games for a couple of weeks until I can buy and get used to my new computer. I'll still check in and respond every now and then, but no drawings... :(

Auf wiedersehen!
EZ

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: May 1st, 2015, 5:31 pm
@Ezgo394
Wish You'll get a new computer soon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 23  [ 226 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1823 »

Jump to: