Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
moxica
Post subject: Changing careers, anyone else done that?Posted: August 19th, 2013, 8:54 pm
Thought I would ask if there are anyone out there who have changed careers and started something totally new?
I have worked 11 years at the same place enjoying it but work is not fun when there are no challenges left and I have done pretty much everything that my employer had to offer so it was time for a change.

I will be studying to get a degree in nursing and hopefully have a new career in the medical field wich does not sound too bad considering that jobs in that field seems to exist all the time.

Anyone else here who have been taking that scary step and changed careers?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Changing careers, anyone else done that?Posted: August 19th, 2013, 9:04 pm
I have gone from studying to become an engineers to instead become an industrial furniture worker...

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Changing careers, anyone else done that?Posted: August 22nd, 2013, 1:59 pm
I recently went from being the pizza guy (did that for 12 years) to now being a 3rd shift manager at a 7-Eleven. After a while, I found that even if the job is boring and there's little left to challenge yourself, you do end up in a certain comfort zone, which can make it hard to step out of the old job.

[Profile] [Quote]
moxica
Post subject: Re: Changing careers, anyone else done that?Posted: August 23rd, 2013, 10:29 pm
heuhen wrote:
I have gone from studying to become an engineers to instead become an industrial furniture worker...
I have a friend who went from working as a professional chef for over 10 years to work as a concrete worker
Navybrat85 wrote:
I recently went from being the pizza guy (did that for 12 years) to now being a 3rd shift manager at a 7-Eleven. After a while, I found that even if the job is boring and there's little left to challenge yourself, you do end up in a certain comfort zone, which can make it hard to step out of the old job.
Yes I agree on that, it was very hard but it feels good now to get to learn something new.
Finished my 1st week now and enjoyed it alot. A very big part to why it was fun was the fact that the class contains people from all over the world, I have classmates from China, Tunisia, Mexico, Thailand, Philippines, Russia, Ukraine, Ghana, USA, Iran so the discussions about what we are learning becomes filled with diffrent views depending on where you are from originally.
3 weeks from now we will have a 1 month long job training and that is something I look forward to

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: