Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
heuhen
Post subject: News of NorwayPosted: August 15th, 2014, 7:47 pm
This week, US have send over 400 vehicles to be stored in Norwegian underground bunkers/storage. For US it give them an better tactical position for storing equipment.

http://en.ria.ru/military_news/20140805 ... way--.html

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: August 29th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Norwegian new paper have started to write about that the Norwegian Army are sending a part of the Norwegian Telemark Battalion, a troop of 200 man with CV90's to Latvia for a military exercise. as one news paper says: "this is an for-party that are sent over there, before rest of the force". the troop that are being sent down there will consist of very experience men from the same troops that was in Afghanistan for 10 years.

The Government says, this is being done to calm down NATO country's like Latvia, and they are moving the troop to NATO's flank toward Russia!

What did I just write

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: August 29th, 2014, 6:08 pm
Good for Norwegian Army. At least they are doing something about situation re. NATO and Russia.

But am I the only one that thinks that we live in some weird times if moving 200 soldiers (one company) during a de-facto war is considered a significant deployment?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: August 29th, 2014, 6:13 pm
eswube wrote:
Good for Norwegian Army. At least they are doing something about situation re. NATO and Russia.

But am I the only one that thinks that we live in some weird times if moving 200 soldiers (one company) during a de-facto war is considered a significant deployment?
yes. it's only CV90's with crew, so that is weird. But what I am most interested in is what type of strength the army going to send in the ende, since news papater says the 200 troop (company) is only the "starter" the "rest" will come at a later date...

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: August 29th, 2014, 9:28 pm
Well, without wishing to get into the politics of the situation, which appear to be far too murky for me to make any sort of judgement on, the BBC is reporting that the Russian Federation is planning on creating a force of 5,000 "peacekeepers" or "peacemakers" (depending on translation) to cross the border if necessary. For all the concern and worry it's at least not back to various tank armies staring at each other across a border somewhere.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: September 4th, 2014, 4:46 pm
New NASAMS version

Kongsberg have developed a new version of the NASAMS. now as an mobile version, that can mount on almost any cars. like one the picture bellow, on a HUMVEE.

The system Kongsberg have developed for the NASAMS, works similar to other systems. but with this system here you only need to drive the car to where you want it, park it, pull out some cables, start the system and fire. It will and should take 5 minutes.

Picture from a Swedish missile range. The Humvee, if it's one Kongsberg have borrowed from one of the US stores here in Norway, or if it come from Sweden, doesn't the article say.
[ img ]

this is the normal version. it's slow to deploy. you have to first drive you'r truck to where you want it. then you have to lift it of the truck, arm it, connect the system to an central firing command and radars...
[ img ]

When I look at the truck version of it, the launcher looks very similar to the same launcher NSM is using, so I am wondering, when shall Kongsberg make an ship version of it!

New and upgraded CV90's

The first CV90 STING (storm engineer) have been finish build, and are going under a lot of testing now.

of all the 104 CV90 Norway is going trough an upgrade, making them digital. they will also recive an improved armor. Norway will also recive 40 totally new CV90's. of this 144 CV90's there will be 5 different version of it.

The CV90's will support, and be an add-on assets to the M113 family in Norwegian Army. Most M113 in Norway have already been trough an upgrade.

totally Norway get:

32 turret loose CV90's
74 storm armored tanks (spV)
21 reconnaissance vehicles (opV)
15 Command vehicles (striled)
2 training units.

[ img ]
on top it have Kongsberg protector 12.7mm, and a Robot arm.

[ img ]
mine plow

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]
Robotarm, the crew can work from the safety inside of the tank, or use an remote control.

[ img ]

Norwegian have made an investment plane for the entire army, and it's expected that the investment on the Navy (2014-2017) on 14% will increase to 27% during the period of 2018-2022.
On the two biggest investment list for the army in the period of 2018-2022 (investment budget):

F35: (43%)
New coast guard ships to replace the Nordkapp class and new Submarine after 2020: 27%

The Army will use 60% of it's investment budget on new tanks in the period 2014-2022. and 16% on artillery.

- new and upgrade CV90 and artillery
- investment on Leopard 2 and new Leopard 2A6(N)
- upgrading M113 and SISU armored cars.

In the same period the Navy use 80% of it's budget on ships.
On the list for the Navy 2014-2022 investment list:

- NSM
- More Navy Helicopters (NH90) (new coast guard vessels and other ships, and backup)
- new light weight torpedoes fro frigates, Helicopters, maritime patrol aircraft's.
- Upgrading AAW missiles.
- Upgrading of ULA class submarines
- start on the work for new submarines after 2020
- New large Helicopter carrying coast guard vessels, replacing Nordkapp class.
- Uppgrading AAW missiles on Nansen class (ESSM block 2) possible for an VLS upgrade at the same time.

The Norwegian air force have on it's program:
- upgrading F16, so they can be used until F35 are coming. (F35 starting from 2015)
- upgrading of sensors/radars for improve surveillance. and thus improve it's work with NATO
- AGS NATO-project for air carried ground surveillance.

Army investments:

Artillery ammunition 155mm:
12,5mill EUR - 62 mill EUR

Arthur Artillery radar:
12,5 EUR - 37 EUR

Armored Vehicles (tracked) for the homeguard:
37 mill EUR - 62 EUR

Bridge tanks:
37 mill EUR - 62 EUR

Engineering tanks:
37 mill EUR - 62 EUR

Leopard 2:
124mill EUR - 250 mill EUR

Upgrade of BV206:
12,5 EUR - 37 EUR

Morter 81mm ammunition:
12,5 EUR - 37 EUR

Navy:

Replacement of Nordkapp class:
up to 2 ships.
370 mill EUR - 600 mill EUR

Tactical seamobility:
finding out and get in new small boats for tactical commands and for the special force:
37 mill EUR - 62 EUR

Uppgrading IFF system on Fridtjof Nansen class and Skjold class:
7 to 37 mill EUR

Giving all Frigates of Fridtjof Nansen class a second VLS Mk41. 5 launchers for improving the ships endurance.
37 mill EUR - 62 EUR

Upgrading and improving Skjold class self defense systems:
1,5 to 13 mill EUR

Upgrading freezers on Frigates for tropical climates.
1,5 to 13 mill EUR

Various other cost's like midlife upgrade for several coast guard vessels, equipment, etc.
around 300 mill EUR

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: September 5th, 2014, 7:38 am
I am sure that the "new" NASAMS is Kongsberg's answer to the mobile Rafael SPYDER-SR, right?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: September 5th, 2014, 8:44 am
Not really, there have been prototypes of HMMWV mounted SLAMRAAMs / AMRAAMs for years. That includes the AIM-9X - AIM-120 setup that IIRC predates SPYDER...

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: September 5th, 2014, 12:12 pm
I was already aware of the Humvee SL-AMRAAM launcher while back, what I meant is that integration with the NASAMS Fire Distribution Center and sensors made NASAMS competitive with SPYDER. Anyways I think NASAMS is superior to SPYDER because it can fire more types of missiles and uses NATO-standard datalinks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: News of NorwayPosted: September 5th, 2014, 12:16 pm
Well, both have their up points, SPYDER not being reliant on the Americans saying yes for exports. I do agree however that NASAMS is a superior system to SPYDER.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: