Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Farewell to Two More USN Veterans.Posted: September 20th, 2014, 9:19 pm
the parts were visitors go is often the best maintained. you only see the state of an ship if you go into tanks, voids and other spaces not visited by the public.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Farewell to Two More USN Veterans.Posted: September 20th, 2014, 9:36 pm
ailgin wrote:
Sabotage? :shock: In all seriousness, the Intrepid Museum is very cool, but the last time I went must have been 5 years ago. I think that she should take some precedence since she also has a Concorde, a sub, and a space shuttle.
Not sabotage, but just near absolute and total neglect of those areas not on the tour. Business Insider had posted the images, and it was only with quick thinking that I got them saved (via google cache): Zip File

Mind you, The treatment of the shuttle (letting it slam into a bridge on the barge ride over to the museum, followed by damage with Hurricane Sandy) kind of shows a certain lack of respect for their items.

[Profile] [Quote]
ailgin
Post subject: Re: Farewell to Two More USN Veterans.Posted: September 20th, 2014, 9:42 pm
TimothyC wrote:
ailgin wrote:
Sabotage? :shock: In all seriousness, the Intrepid Museum is very cool, but the last time I went must have been 5 years ago. I think that she should take some precedence since she also has a Concorde, a sub, and a space shuttle.
Not sabotage, but just near absolute and total neglect of those areas not on the tour. Business Insider had posted the images, and it was only with quick thinking that I got them saved (via google cache): Zip File

Mind you, The treatment of the shuttle (letting it slam into a bridge on the barge ride over to the museum, followed by damage with Hurricane Sandy) kind of shows a certain lack of respect for their items.
Well, I meant that your photos were missing. :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to β€œOff Topic” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: