[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 9th, 2014, 4:41 am
Nice job NASA! :D
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 9th, 2014, 3:06 pm
Coast Guard Helicopter Lynx 207 have officially ended it's carer as Coast guard helicopter for the Norwegian helicopter, and as the last lynx coast guard helicopter for Norway, now it's being transferred to an air-force base where it will work a couple more month in to 2015, before it's transferred to an Air force museum, here in Norway. The Lynx 207 have already passed 9000 hour mark, and are expected to pass 9200 hour of airtime during it's last month of 2015. something that make it to an helicopter that have "apparently" flown most hour in the world

The helicopter have been used in everything from rescue mission to hunting down illegal fishing boats. surprisingly most of these illegal fishing boats come from Russia, but there is some that come all the way up from Spain, and from Mediterranean. Then we have the Normal Norwegian fishing boats, they are often taken for using wrong equipment!!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 11th, 2014, 6:30 pm
Laser Weapon System (LaWS), test firing at different targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DbgNju2wE

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 13th, 2014, 12:43 am
Self stabilizing boat ramp

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 18th, 2014, 5:00 pm
[ img ]
Anyone recognize this truck?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 18th, 2014, 5:53 pm
I believe it to be a prototype of a tank transporter trailer truck, maybe a Scammel or Diamond, which were the heaviest transporters in use by the Allies.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 18th, 2014, 6:18 pm
It have some similarities to Diamond T 981... but it's way too big for Scammell also it's not their design philosophy. Can't find anything about it, pic was without description also. It is highly probably US ones, but that's is not enough to identified him.

EDIT: waith... hmmm... look at this lower one:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 18th, 2014, 11:44 pm
The following ling here, has some information, as well as the picture you have posted.
It says the truck is indeed a prototype of the M-26 transporter which was later nicknamed the Dragon Wagon, with an armored-cabin.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Random picture thread Mk 3Posted: December 19th, 2014, 12:02 am
You sure? Under the pic there is a designation Dart T13 and when I dig in the void of net after it (as I now know it company name) I found the info that Dart T13 was indeed a prototype but in competition AGAINST The Knuckney Truck Company vehicle that later became Dragon Wagon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 34  [ 333 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 534 »

Jump to: