Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Spence
Post subject: Need Info concerning Polish AirmanPosted: November 15th, 2014, 4:38 pm
I have the RAF flight log and "Carnet Individuel" of a Polish F/O who was a good friend
of the family. He passed away in 1996, and was a companion to my MIL. My wife now has his personal effects.
I am trying to carry on the search of his daughter whom he was trying to find when he left England after the war. So I'm basically trying to familiar myself with the setting of those times and finding people who would remember him. Of course these veterans would be in the 80/90's now.

As far as my French will allow me, the Carnet is from the period March 1940 under commendent Beraud and seems to be at flight instruction school at Blida,Algeria. This log ends June 1940. In summary I can say the accumulated various missions seems hectic and crammed with missions with little time off.

His RAF log shows stints in squadrons 315,317,245,No 55 O.T.U,411 Canadian(Tangmere?)

Planes he flew: Magister,Hurricane,Spitfire,Spitfire IX

The ideal would be to get the exact logs and personal file from the RAF showing his postings,relatives,etc. But google search doesn't seem to show a RAF Defense site for lookups.

Thanks for the help

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Need Info concerning Polish AirmanPosted: November 16th, 2014, 6:36 pm
Hello Spence.
This might be a bit of a long shot but try contacting the admins of this site. Maybe they can give you some information and take it from there. Good luck with your search. ;)

http://www.rafweb.org/

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Need Info concerning Polish AirmanPosted: November 16th, 2014, 11:16 pm
If you can give us the name, rank and any info about where he was born (if this is possible) I can put that thru some of my contacts in Polish Air Force and Polish Pilots Society.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: