Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
RP2Ryan
Post subject: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 29th, 2015, 11:40 am
I was wondering how many SB members arr also vets and what service and time frame?

I served in the U.S. Navy from 1986b to 1996. I acheived the rank of E-5, RP2. Besides my my Grandfather was a chief in the US Coast Guard. My fad was Boiler Tech Cheif. My brother was a BM1 and two of my kids were in the U.S. Army. 1 was a Stryker in the 2nd Infantry, mh oldest is a Paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne.

Thanks for sharing.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 29th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Are you only referring to U.S. Armed Service members or?

[Profile] [Quote]
Shipright
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 29th, 2015, 5:06 pm
2001-Present. USN.

Both my grandfathers, my father, one aunt, one uncle and one cousin are also USN veterans or currently in. I also have a cousin in the Army.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 29th, 2015, 5:17 pm
I/2004 KarTR 2.KTPTR royal tas tj0! ;)

Anyways, welcome to shipbucket. Please do remember that we are international forum and international community sparring members from all over the globe, so if you want to start spesific thread about some certain nations armed forces, do please spesify so in the topic rather than automatically assuming that this would be a forum dedicated to that one nation, to its navy and past and present members. Otherwise we migth get all sort of wierd missunderstandments among ourselves.

Gollevainen
Administrator

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 29th, 2015, 6:41 pm
As Golly said. But any way:

I have never been in the military, but my step father is an retired Orlogs Kaptein (OF-3 rank: Lieutenant commander. It's the 7. highest rank in Norway), he is an "Electro engineer" with specialty in radar tech., his task was to lead a group of men that maintained radars in Northern Norway. His last work ... to say it this way, the placement of the radars on the Norwegian frigates... that was he that chose it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 29th, 2015, 8:24 pm
I served in the British Army for 8 years 2003-2011, in The 1st, then 2nd Royal Tank Regiment. One tour of Iraq (Operation Telic 9) and a tour of Afghanistan (Operation Herrick 9/10). Left as a Lance Corporal.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

Last edited by Tempest on February 2nd, 2015, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 29th, 2015, 9:45 pm
I'v Served 6 years in a Classified IDF unit. Reached the rank of Rav-Samal/Chief Sergent (equivalent to E-7 in US).
I'm still in active reserve status. Fought all the major Israeli ops in Gaza (Op Cast Lead, Op Piller of Cloud, Op Protective Edge).
My Grandfather was Major in the Soviet army. Armed with Katyushas he fought all over the eastern front.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 30th, 2015, 12:06 am
I did my conscription in a Civil Defence Unit eight years ago.
Firefighting, NBC and HazMat, emergency response, that kind of thing.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 30th, 2015, 2:36 am
I wanted to serve in the USN, as a mechanic, but they wouldn't let me in due to my hearing.
My Grandfather (Mom's side) served in WWII just before it ended. My other Grandfather (Dad's side) served in Germany during the Korean war. Two of his brothers (my Great uncles) served in WWII. Oldest brother was a sniper, landed on Omaha during D-Day and was shot once, continued fighting in the battle of the Bulge and was shot a second time. He received the Purple Heart. The middle brother arrived near the end of the war and didn't see much action.
My first cousin served 3 tours in Iraq. He was blown up 3 times, once in a Humvee and twice in a 5 ton truck.
Another first cousin served 3 years on a Nuclear sub, but the rest I don't know because it's essentially 'classified.'
Two of my Aunts served 3 or 4 years in the Navy, one in communications and the other in electronics.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket VeteransPosted: January 30th, 2015, 6:51 am
I served in real Hellenic Army in 2008-2009, 12 months of duty, of which 9 months in Cyprus. My duty was assistant of a Warrant Officer in the food supply section. My dad served in Hellenic Army Aviation in 1970-1972 (24 months duty), as helicopter mecanic. One unlce (from mom's side) served Hellenic Navy in minesweepers in mid 1960's (1964-1967). My family has also a war hero (one brother of my grandfather from dad's side) who killed in 1940 fighting Italians.My small brother (6 years smaller, 29) served in 2010- 2011 in Hhellenic Army as gunner, having an HK11 LMG.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: