Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
CATZ
Post subject: Re: DDG-1000 Sea trialsPosted: May 11th, 2016, 9:22 am
heuhen wrote:
while here in Norway and Sweden, we have done it or several years now... it's called the skjold class and Visby class.

Sorry just had to. This is just so old news that I have grown a epic man bear... literally.
The Visby and Skjold don't even come close to the DDG-1000. The Visby is a mess. Half it's weapons have been cancelled or not installed. And it's really just a stealthy gunboat.

My mind was officially blown when they cancelled the SAM system. Now it doesn't even have a AAW capability outside of it's 57mm gun. What a waste...I would rather have the LCS. And that's saying something.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: DDG-1000 Sea trialsPosted: May 11th, 2016, 2:19 pm
CATZ wrote:
heuhen wrote:
while here in Norway and Sweden, we have done it or several years now... it's called the skjold class and Visby class.

Sorry just had to. This is just so old news that I have grown a epic man bear... literally.
The Visby and Skjold don't even come close to the DDG-1000. The Visby is a mess. Half it's weapons have been cancelled or not installed. And it's really just a stealthy gunboat.

My mind was officially blown when they cancelled the SAM system. Now it doesn't even have a AAW capability outside of it's 57mm gun. What a waste...I would rather have the LCS. And that's saying something.

I was going to say something, but it isn't worth it..... at all.

(sorry admin but I had to)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: DDG-1000 Sea trialsPosted: May 11th, 2016, 6:03 pm
He is right though. The Visby class is a mess. Half the class was cancelled, same for the weapons and sensors and the ones that do sail spend years in and out of the yard because of every type of problem imaginable.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: DDG-1000 Sea trialsPosted: May 22nd, 2016, 4:30 pm
DDG-1000 has been formally delivered to the USN.

I must say, though the development of the class has been protracted and the mission has never seemed all that well defined, this trio is starting to look like they might actually end up functional testbed warships in the vein of Long Beach, Norfolk, and the like. Things are actually going kind of smoothly now!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: