Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
heuhen
Post subject: oh Canada, what have you donePosted: June 13th, 2016, 11:42 pm
I believed Canada, was that type of country that always say sorry on anything that they do.... but I might be wrong... again.

I am ashamed, her we have an veteran working in the merchant Navy of the Norwegian Navy (A Navy that Roosevelt called the 3. biggest Navy (due to the merchant fleet)).... I don't know what to say.....

Som argumented about Norway that surrendered to Germany..... no we didn't. We fought with nothing, hold the Germans for a long time, and effectually stopped them in North Norway... for then we decided that "a cup of tea" sounds good!....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -1.3619770

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: oh Canada, what have you donePosted: June 13th, 2016, 11:57 pm
It is so sad that Governments spend so much time denying people the rights they deserve whether they are born in a country or not. That Norwegian Veteran did his best to help defend the "Free World" to remain free as any Brit, Canadian, Yank, Kiwi, Aussie or anybody else. If that Vet had come to live in New Zealand I would hope our Government would do right by him. But unfortunately I would doubt it. He would probably have to fight for his rights. It is easier for Government Departments to say 'No' than to find the reasons they should say yes. It is only getting worse.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: oh Canada, what have you donePosted: June 14th, 2016, 8:09 am
Yeah, it's a bit like the Ghurkha thing ... Just do the decent thing, these people have put their lives on the line for us, if for no other reason than prudence (though there are many more besides) look after them to ensure that others will be happy to do so in the future...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: oh Canada, what have you donePosted: June 14th, 2016, 7:47 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Yeah, it's a bit like the Ghurkha thing ... Just do the decent thing, these people have put their lives on the line for us, if for no other reason than prudence (though there are many more besides) look after them to ensure that others will be happy to do so in the future...
Still not the same payment as "original" British soldiers?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: